Looking to (re)start my PPL training

ConradM

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Conrad McLean
Hi All,

Joined here a few days ago and have been lurking and searching. I'm in Union, NJ and looking get started toward my PPL. I'm considering the schools at CDW, but now I'm finding here that CDW can be pretty busy and I could end up burning $$ waiting in line to takeoff and/or land. Some posts go back to 2007 so this may have changed! Is this still the case at CDW? Are there other fields that are "quieter" that I should be considering?

Also seen recommendation on schools and the ones at CDW have good reviews. But also looking for recommendations on CFIs. I did a few hours at Princeton (PCT) MANY MANY years ago but the CFIs were people looking log hours and not really into teaching and got discouraged and quit. This was like 15 years ago, so not a comment on their current CFIs.

Excited to hear from you folks, and very exited to get started again!

Conrad McLean

Hi All,

Joined here a few days ago and have been lurking and searching. I'm in Union, NJ and looking get started toward my PPL. I'm considering the schools at CDW, but now I'm finding here that CDW can be pretty busy and I could end up burning $$ waiting in line to takeoff and/or land. Some posts go back to 2007 so this may have changed! Is this still the case at CDW? Are there other fields that are "quieter" that I should be considering?

Also seen recommendation on schools and the ones at CDW have good reviews. But also looking for recommendations on CFIs. I did a few hours at Princeton (PCT) MANY MANY years ago but the CFIs were people looking log hours and not really into teaching and got discouraged and quit. This was like 15 years ago, so not a comment on their current CFIs.

Excited to hear from you folks, and very exited to get started again!

Conrad McLean

Union isn't that far from Old Bridge have you checked them out? Also check out anyone at Linden.

Might also want to check out this club based out of Linden might be a money saver for you.

http://richmondpilots.org/

Union isn't that far from Old Bridge have you checked them out? Also check out anyone at Linden.

Might also want to check out this club based out of Linden might be a money saver for you.

http://richmondpilots.org/

I second the idea of finding a flying club that accepts students. I joined the Morris Aero Club at MMU with 0 hours, and it saved me some significant money. Unfortunately, we're not accepting primary students anymore--I like to think that wasn't because of me :)

A little further away, but with schools I've heard good things about, are Central Jersey, Solberg, and Lincoln Park. I've no direct experience with the schools, but I could recommend an instructor at Lincoln Park or Robbinsville.

The "Find a CFI" is in the menu at the top right. If may not show up if you're on a phone. Also, to prevent bots from going through the list harvesting emails and phone numbers, you have to be logged in to search the instructors directory. But accounts are free and only take a few seconds.

The "Find a CFI" is in the menu at the top right. If may not show up if you're on a phone. Also, to prevent bots from going through the list harvesting emails and phone numbers, you have to be logged in to search the instructors directory. But accounts are free and only take a few seconds.

Thanks!

Back