Looking to make my multi fun!

DCV

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
DCV
Hello friends! I am currently looking to get my multi. I am located in Pensacola as of now. However I am trying to make my multi fun, while also logging time. If anyone has knowledge of a school or individual CFI/CFII multi that would like to pass on it would be much appreciated!

for me the multi was the most fun rating. I mean, we weren't blasting music and partying and whatnot, but it was still fun. not sure what you'd need to make it fun for you.

Flying and learning arn’t fun?

for me the multi was the most fun rating. I mean, we weren't blasting music and partying and whatnot, but it was still fun. not sure what you'd need to make it fun for you.
I have zero doubt that it will be fun! I honestly cant wait! What I would like to do is pursue my multi while actually flying from East to West, I would pay for aircraft, instruction, room, etc. just trying to continue enjoying future training endeavors.

I think the OP is looking for an instructor who is a pleasure to fly with AND competent.

I have flown with half a dozen instructor who were hard to get along with, 1 or 2 flights each.

The instructors who signed me off for the PPL, COM, and INST were all pleasant, and highly skilled. They were also very demanding for quality performance. I was doing instrument and commercial at the same time, and we flew long cross countries, interstate, and a wide variety of airports, many I had never been to. Not a lot of instrument approaches at the local, familiar facilities.

I passed all my written, oral, and flight tests, first try.

My instructors were good, not easy.:)

Finding such instructors on a site like this one should be easier than in the old days.

Reactions: DCV
I think the OP is looking for an instructor who is a pleasure to fly with AND competent.

I have flown with half a dozen instructor who were hard to get along with, 1 or 2 flights each.

The instructors who signed me off for the PPL, COM, and INST were all pleasant, and highly skilled. They were also very demanding for quality performance.

I passed all my written, oral, and flight tests, first try.

My instructors were good, not easy.:)

Finding such instructors on a site like this one should be easier than in the old days.
Geezer! Hit the nail on the head. As in instructor for me at least its important to establish that good report. And also navigate that fine line of being pleasant but also competent. However i would like to attack my training From a diff angle.

Hahaha it is and has been and will always be. But I just dnt want to sit down and beat up the pattern.

Yeah you won't. MEL initial is basically flying a constantly broken airplane all over the place. It's not remotely about landings :) First time you'll enjoy the benefits of a twin, namely, excess thrust and performance -- will be when you leave your checkride with your temp certificate in hand. Until then, it's an unreliable pile just waiting for you to relax and punish you with sudden yaw and potential loss of control.

You're overthinking it. It'll be fun despite any efforts you put towards it. :D

Yeah you won't. MEL initial is basically flying a constantly broken airplane all over the place. It's not remotely about landings :) First time you'll enjoy the benefits of a twin, namely, excess thrust and performance -- will be when you leave your checkride with your temp certificate in hand. Until then, it's an unreliable pile just waiting for you to relax and punish you with sudden yaw and potential loss of control.

You're overthinking it. It'll be fun despite any efforts you put towards it. :D
Cant wait! Now to find an instructor wanting to take fly this thing across the country!

first, find a "flight instructor" not a time builder. the problem with the mult rating is most CFIMEI's are trying to get to the airlines. they don't have that much multi time themshelves. find an instructor that has lots of dual given in muti engine that really knows the aircraft you are flying. example, the most dangerous thing you do during multiengine training is the Vmc demo. to many instructors teach it as "this is Vmc, recover" it is really an exercise in understanding what happens, how you get there and how to recognize when you are approaching it, and how to get away from it. some times that means pulling power on the operating engine in a bad state, but that keeps you alive and low time instructors for the most part don't really understand what can happen. most have beien taught in a duchess or a seminole, which has the most benign Vmc of all trainers. those aircraft tend to not teach the seriousness of Vmc. let a baron or a twinkey roll off in VMC and it is mostly fatal, as seen by the rash of Vmc accidents lately. multi engine training is fun by itshelf, but take it seriously, because when a fan quits it gets serious real quick.

Back