Looking to hangar my Pitts in the Washington, DC area

Chris Meyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Chris Meyer
Hi everyone,

I've purchased a Pitts S-1 and am looking for a place to keep it. I'm on several waiting lists but I'd love to get the plane up here sooner if possible.

I currently live in DC proper but there is a chance I'll be moving out to Virginia in the not too distant future.

Anyone have any extra space in their hangar for a little red biplane and looking to share rent?

Thanks,
Chris

Call Gil Bauserman, the owner of 2W5. While all the hangars are rented, there may be a corner for your little toy plane in one of them.

Call Gil Bauserman, the owner of 2W5. While all the hangars are rented, there may be a corner for your little toy plane in one of them.

Thanks. Already on the waiting list for 2W5. They're not expecting anything to open until the fall.

Chris

Have you looked into HEF ? The city is in the process of stealing the hangars built by private investors 30 years ago. There may be some changeover in the process.

I agree with the other guy,

Talk to folks with the larger hangars, I bet with a small wing span plane like a Pitts, you could find someone who would share some hangar space with you for helping pay their rent.

If you haven't already found a place, I believe there are open hangars for rent at KRJD, Ridgely MD. The airport changed owners in January after decades of hands-off management and a lot of the dead wood has been cleared out. (And they have also just repaved the runway, but the taxiways are still a bit of a mess.) I keep my Luscombe there. The manager is Mike O'Brien, and the phone number in the AF/D will reach him directly.

Back