Looking to get back into teaching again

Bishop

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bishop
Hi All,
I used to be a CFII and I want to get back into teaching. It has been over ten years and I need some advice on where to get started. I have to retain the practical test again but looking for suggestion on possible courses, DVDs, books to get the ground work done.

I am thinking of getting my CFI first and go for the CFII later. What are the best options in getting back into teaching again?

Thanks.

CFI tickets don't expire entirely. Renew one or get a new category and all of your old ones magically come back. Easiest CFI checkride is probably glider so if you had that one or are a glider pilot go get that and you are good to go. Maybe Multi is easy, dunno never done that one. Anyway you only need one CFI ride. Yes I am ignoring currency and competence that stuff is important and a separate issue that I assume the OP will tend to. Have fun.

CFI tickets don't expire entirely. Renew one or get a new category and all of your old ones magically come back. Easiest CFI checkride is probably glider so if you had that one or are a glider pilot go get that and you are good to go. Maybe Multi is easy, dunno never done that one. Anyway you only need one CFI ride. Yes I am ignoring currency and competence that stuff is important and a separate issue that I assume the OP will tend to. Have fun.

:yeahthat:

Add one you don't already have and it reinstates them all. My CFI had expired when I added my Double-I. MEI or Glider would be good options.

Thanks for you input.

I was under the impression that I had to take the full practical test including the oral portion. This is why I asked the question on which way to get started with all of the ground work again.

It looks like I just need to go an get some practice on some of the maneuvers and I should be good to go.

I just reviewed the FAR 61.199 and PTS and it much clearer.

Back