Looking to Buy Stratus 2S

Barely hit the street, bro......... Good luck finding a used one. The 2 should be out there. One JUST sold on beechtalk and I do think there is another for $700.

Otherwise, call Sportys and order one as your wait might be significant.

I'm looking for a 2016 BMW X3 in "like new" condition....willing to pay $20-24K. PM me!

;)

A 2 was JUST posted on beechtalk for $725. Now is your time to act or it will be gone....

I'm looking for a 2016 BMW X3 in "like new" condition....willing to pay $20-24K. PM me!

;)

I'd go for it except mine has a scratch on the rear bumper where someone hit it with a shopping cart... and you said like new.

I could come up with a whole list of things that I'd like someone to buy then immediately sell to me for half what they paid!

I've got a Stratus 2 that I'm going to sell. I'd take $750 plus shipping for it.

I'd go for it except mine has a scratch on the rear bumper where someone hit it with a shopping cart... and you said like new.

I could come up with a whole list of things that I'd like someone to buy then immediately sell to me for half what they paid!

You just described the entire aircraft market. :lol:

I think ill sell my stratus 2 as well. Pm me

I'm not sure why folks would sell their 2 for a 2S. It seems to functionally offer nothing more other that a pressure sensor (which you already have..it's called an altimeter).

I spoke to Appareo at OSH. They basically said if you have a 2, there really is no advantage to buy a 2S. Some minor improvements.

Yea...I'm a gear who're and always want the newest, but I was unable to convince myself a 2S would do anything worthwhile over the 2.

I'm not sure why folks would sell their 2 for a 2S. It seems to functionally offer nothing more other that a pressure sensor (which you already have..it's called an altimeter).

Another difference is the charging connector (USB port). In the two our club has, it became evident this is one of the few Achilles heals of the hardware design. Too often, we can not maintain a solid enough connection to get the device to charge. This could be from the more frequent unplug/replug we do as we use it than what was designed.

To my knowledge, the 2S upgraded this to the USB3 standard and something about that should solve the issue we are having.

I have the same issue with the 2 not getting a solid charge connection. If it isn't in there just right sometimes it wont do anything.

Last edited:
Virtually every reply to my post was a smart-assed sarcastic response. Too bad you don't have better things to do. If you don't have a 2S to sell for the price I am willing to pay, then your replies/comments are uncalled for.

Virtually every reply to my post was a smart-assed sarcastic response. Too bad you don't have better things to do. If you don't have a 2S to sell for the price I am willing to pay, then your replies/comments are uncalled for.

I'm also looking for a new 2015 A36 FIKI. Willing to pay half of sticker price only. Send me a PM and we can negotiate a little lower that that. Cash ready.:rolleyes2:

What were you're expectations when you made this ridiculous thread?

You just did exactly what I asked you not to do. Whether or not it is "ridiculous" in your opinion is not the issue. If you don't have the item I am looking for at the price I am willing to pay then just keep out of it. Otherwise, you just make yourself look like a trolling ****ole.

What were you're expectations when you made this ridiculous thread?

No, not even close. The new ones are for sale from Sporty's and Appareo. Once they are purchased by a consumer they become used. That applies to all consumer goods. No reply necessary.

Aren't all Stratus 2s' going to BE "like new" seeing as how they ARE new?

A new Stratus 2 S is $899.00 from Sporty's. $700 is almost 78% (77.86%) of the new price. So, if you want a brand new product from a dealer at half sticker price; I suggest you contact them and stop trolling adds like mine.

I'm also looking for a new 2015 A36 FIKI. Willing to pay half of sticker price only. Send me a PM and we can negotiate a little lower that that. Cash ready.:rolleyes2:

A new Stratus 2 S is $899.00 from Sporty's. $700 is almost 78% (77.86%) of the new price. So, if you want a brand new product from a dealer at half sticker price; I suggest you contact them and stop trolling adds like mine.

Don't forget sportys does not offer free shipping. A brand new 2s is closer to 920.00 to you're door bud..

Just a question but do you find this tactic to work often when trying to get people to help you out?

Last edited:
Troll

It's official.....

Dirk had is interwebz feelings hurt. Verifiable by the quoting of all who pointed out he is off his rocker.

You just did exactly what I asked you not to do. Whether or not it is "ridiculous" in your opinion is not the issue. If you don't have the item I am looking for at the price I am willing to pay then just keep out of it. Otherwise, you just make yourself look like a trolling ****ole.

Your post in a recent "go pro for sale" thread:

Way too high for used and zero warranty.

I guess you reap what you sew.

Op has 9 post count and they are all in the classifieds, I have seen forums with a 50 or 100 post rule. It's really easy for an active member to get that number and weeds out people like this.

Op has 9 post count and they are all in the classifieds, I have seen forums with a 50 or 100 post rule. It's really easy for an active member to get that number and weeds out people like this.

I agree 100%. I've thought about mentioning this idea to the MC but hadn't gotten around to it.

This is the only forum I frequent without such a rule.

I co-admined for motorcycle forum with 10 fold the members here. At first we were open, then limited to 50 posts, then began to charge do to the rediculous amount of spammers, dead beat posters and other crap.

The fee really did clean the place up and the bull**** stopped immediately. The post count min helped at first, but then we found it actually increased the BS because they posted one liners to meet the kin and went to town.

I have a 2S I need to get rid of. Check your PMs.

Last edited:
It's official.....

Dirk had is interwebz feelings hurt. Verifiable by the quoting of all who pointed out he is off his rocker.

No, troll, my feelings aren't hurt. Frankly I could care less about what most of you think. The bottom line is that, unless you have a used Stratus 2 S for what I am willing to pay, you have no business posting on this thread. It just amazes me how many of you just lurk from thread to thread to post your snide and sarcastic BS.

If you read a little more, you will see where I walked back what I said. I, actually contacted GoPro and they personally explained what their warranty policies were. But here's the big difference between me and you: I posted in a thread where I was actually interested and in the market for the product being offered. I have one GoPro camera and am looking for at least one more. You, on the otherhand, do not have a Stratus 2 S that you are looking to part with and yet, you feel the need to post in a thread where someone is looking to buy one.

If you read a little more, you will see where I walked back what I said. I, actually contacted GoPro and they personally explained what their warranty policies were. But here's the big difference between me and you: I posted in a thread where I was actually interested and in the market for the product being offered. I have one GoPro camera and am looking for at least one more. You, on the otherhand, do not have a Stratus 2 S that you are looking to part with and yet, you feel the need to post in a thread where someone is looking to buy one.

What makes you think you can come in here and treat everyone like garbage and expect them to bestow upon you an unheard of bargain on what is arguably one of the hottest products in aviation right now?
I'm guessing you are somewhere between 16-19yrs old. Definitely a member of the I'm entitled generation.

You started this nonsense in July are things really so bad that you could not save up an extra 200 bucks to just order yourself a new one? Perhaps you should get your finances in order so you don't have to beg for people's scraps.

What makes you think you can come in here and treat everyone like garbage and expect them to bestow upon you an unheard of bargain on what is arguably one of the hottest products in aviation right now?
I'm guessing you are somewhere between 16-19yrs old. Definitely a member of the I'm entitled generation.

You started this nonsense in July are things really so bad that you could not save up an extra 200 bucks to just order yourself a new one? Perhaps you should get your finances in order so you don't have to beg for people's scraps.

I have one I bought new in August. I am just offering to buy them for my price in case someone gets into a pickle and needs the cash. I'm not treating anyone like garbage - just calling out the trolls including you. If no one takes me up on the offer, that's fine. I'm certainly not forcing anyone to sell me anything.

I have one I bought new in August. I am just offering to buy them for my price in case someone gets into a pickle and needs the cash. I'm not treating anyone like garbage - just calling out the trolls including you. If no one takes me up on the offer, that's fine. I'm certainly not forcing anyone to sell me anything.

So you are praying on people who may be down on their luck so you can turn around and sell it for what you know it's worth. Real classy bud

So you are praying on people who may be down on their luck so you can turn around and sell it for what you know it's worth. Real classy bud

It's called capitalism. People buy things and sell them. It's called the free market. It's what makes our economy work. Even with the price of shipping, I am offering over 76% of the cost of a new unit which is a fair price in my opinion. If you don't agree, then don't sell me one. But personally attacking me is out of line. I'm not praying on anyone. Just stop being a troll. If you don't have a stratus 2s to sell me, then just go troll somewhere else.

Back