Looking to buy Archer II with low time and updated avionics!

stevenhmiller

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Steve's Archer
I had a post here looking for an Archer with high time and old avionics, but didn't get any replies. So, here's a new post with different requirements. Does it exist? I sure hope so! :)

I'm looking for an Archer II or Archer III with low to mid TTAF and low TSMOH hours. Also, it should have all updated avionics that are 2020 compliant. It must also have moving maps (they must be TSO'd, no snap-out portables). The GPS needs to be a newer model than a GNS430.

If this exists, and it's for sale, let me know. I know this will be some $$$, but that's what I'm looking for.

I may be selling my Tiger in the near future to move to an RV6 or 7 (trying to do a direct trade first) if interested let me know. Plane is in annual as we speak.

I may be selling my Tiger in the near future to move to an RV6 or 7 (trying to do a direct trade first) if interested let me know. Plane is in annual as we speak.

Drop a line to sixpapacharlie ......he's lookin g at Grumman birds. heard he even has money to spend on one.....whoda think it.

My Archer II doesn't fully fit either your requests but I'll PM you the details to see if you're interested.

Our club has one exactly like you want, except it's coming up on 10,000 hours and you can have it when you pry it from our cold dead fingers! :)

I know of one that will be coming available...completely rebuilt, all glass panel, new paint and interior, with all FAA approved diesel motor. I personally have been around it and know the mechanic working on it if that interests you. Its a beauty!

I know of one that will be coming available...completely rebuilt, all glass panel, new paint and interior, with all FAA approved diesel motor. I personally have been around it and know the mechanic working on it if that interests you. Its a beauty!
Sure, I'd be interested in getting info on this.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken you just had to sell your very nice Archer recently correct?

Congrats on getting back into it! :cheerswine:

If I'm not mistaken you just had to sell your very nice Archer recently correct?

Congrats on getting back into it! :cheerswine:
Yes, that is correct. I've recovered financially, for the most part. I wish I could have simply bought her out, but finances at the time dictated otherwise. The person that bought mine got one hell of a plane!

TTAF are significantly more than what I'm looking for. I appreciate the reply, just the same!

Do Archers have a limit or problems with airframes, just curious what TTAF is important, I've been told it's meaningless and it's better to have a plane flown regularly with high time vs one that hasn't with low time?

Do Archers have a limit or problems with airframes, just curious what TTAF is important, I've been told it's meaningless and it's better to have a plane flown regularly with high time vs one that hasn't with low time?
Yes, it's very important they are flown. But, a high time airframe is a tired plane. Most of the time, unless it's been owned by an A&P, you will wind up having to replace things constantly that are worn. Harder to justify value and more difficult to sell. You may never have problems, but it's better to get a medium time airframe. Just my 2 cents.

Are you saying you require a GTN650, or would you settle for a GNS430W?

It depends on the total package. I have to see everything the plane has to offer. If the 430 is the worst of it, it's not a deal breaker. It all depends on the overall package and price. What do you have?

It depends on the total package. I have to see everything the plane has to offer. If the 430 is the worst of it, it's not a deal breaker. It all depends on the overall package and price. What do you have?

I don't have one, but I think I know of one or two in this area, I'll look around.

Yeah, I've been in touch with the owner. He won't budge on price. For all I want to do, I would need to get the plane for $15k in order to not go too far over what it would be worth after I was done.

Yep, that plane with a overhauled motor would end up at $50k with another $15k in a avionics upgrades on top of that.

Back