Looking for testers for new aviation weather app

EpicDraws

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Derek
Over the last few months, I have slaved over a new aviation weather app, and it focuses primarily on personal minimums. I feel the app is directly aimed at the student and PPL groups, and would love feedback from active pilots at all stages of training and certification.

Requirements:
- Ability to use for real flights in the immediate future
- Passion for flying ;)

For Android:
- Download Aviation Weather Lite in the Google Play store, then provide feedback via PM

For iOS:
- Join the TestFlight team at http://tflig.ht/wbeUYw

Please reply here with contact info, or PM for more details. We are looking for a limited set of people.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind testing it.

Currently actively use 2 Android devices.

HTC Evo 4G LTE, running CM10, Android version 4.1.2
Nexus 7 WiFi 32gb, Android 4.2.1 (I believe)

Both devices are rooted and boot unlocked.

You can PM me or email yumanskiy [at] gmail.com

I wouldn't mind testing it.

Currently actively use 2 Android devices.

HTC Evo 4G LTE, running CM10, Android version 4.1.2
Nexus 7 WiFi 32gb, Android 4.2.1 (I believe)

Both devices are rooted and boot unlocked.

You can PM me or email yumanskiy [at] gmail.com

Sent you an email!

If you need an iOS tester I fly every week and would love to test it. I have an iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1 Email: multimediawill@gmail.com

Thanks Will. The app is currently live in the App Store (as 'Aviation Weather'), but getting test versions for iOS users is a lot more challenging. Can you PM me for more details?

Thanks Will. The app is currently live in the App Store (as 'Aviation Weather'), but getting test versions for iOS users is a lot more challenging. Can you PM me for more details?

I just got a brand new Android tablet for Christmas....

I'd be willing to beta. I'll even give you feedback at Abundant Air if you want....

I just got a brand new Android tablet for Christmas....

I'd be willing to beta. I'll even give you feedback at Abundant Air if you want....

I'd love that! What I have been telling testers so far for Android is to start out with our app currently in the Google Play store: 'Aviation Weather Lite'. Once we get some feedback and make some changes, we will send out beta versions (free full versions) to approved testers.

I'd always love to meet some pilots in the area too, so that is even better!

Also, you can find links directly to the in-market versions in my sig. Again, as we get feedback and make changes, we will provide approved testers with free betas.

Thanks for the help and happy flying!

I'm both android and iOS enabled, I'd be happy to test either or both. I'm a pre-solo student, just getting started.

Aco (at) livitup .dot. net

I'm both android and iOS enabled, I'd be happy to test either or both. I'm a pre-solo student, just getting started.

Aco (at) livitup .dot. net

Great! You can start helping with the directions above. I appreciate all the interest!

I can help. I have Android phone, nexus 7, and iPad

Install complete:yes:

Last edited:
I'd be happy to beta test. Currently working with both an Android smart phone and iPad.

Thanks for all the interest! Looking forward to the feedback coming in! By the way, proceeds from this app will support my flying, so it goes to a good cause! :D

Let me know if you're interested in porting your apps to Windows RT / Windows 8 :) I got a Surface RT, Asus RT and a Lenovo X86 tablet i'm hacking away at

For those on iOS, please sign up via TestFlight: http://tflig.ht/wbeUYw

Thanks for all the help so far guys. I knew PoA members would give the best feedback!

Thanks for the interest so far! We have a few more spots left for iOS, so please use the link above. We also have a few spots left for Android users who download the Aviation Weather Lite version on the market and provide feedback via PM. Thanks!

Thanks for all the interest!

We have sent out the first big wave of beta tests. It's not too late to get involved if you are still interested!

Willing iOS tester. Signed up ready to go. :)

I never got it to work on my S3. It said it could never find my location and there was no option to just type it in. GPS was on.

Looks like you have plenty of testers. Is the ap on apple apps site the same version as the one being tested?

I never got it to work on my S3. It said it could never find my location and there was no option to just type it in. GPS was on.

Our latest beta should have a fix for that. You can PM me to join the program, or wait for an updated version.

Looks like you have plenty of testers. Is the ap on apple apps site the same version as the one being tested?

No, our beta version is a bit different. We are still looking for a few more testers, so it's worth still signing up if you are interested in providing feedback.

I use have an iPhone 4S and iOS 6.0.1. I have my PPL but I don't fly tons, I would love to try out the app and help test it.

Last edited:
Looks like a cool app from what I looked at in the Apple APP Store

I would suggest that having users is not as big as having different classifications for minimums. As an instrument rated pilot I might have two different sets of minimums depending on if I want to make a trip VFR only (maybe it's just a short hop and I don't really have to go) or IFR. In my case I've used User1 and User2 to do that.

I would suggest that having users is not as big as having different classifications for minimums. As an instrument rated pilot I might have two different sets of minimums depending on if I want to make a trip VFR only (maybe it's just a short hop and I don't really have to go) or IFR. In my case I've used User1 and User2 to do that.

Thanks, this is a great point! Can you think of a better term for Users? Maybe Scenario?

Makes sense.

FYI, we are getting started on a new big feature--TAF details and color coding. What info are you looking for at a glance from a TAF?

Secondly, what weather graphics are most critical to you?

Makes sense.

FYI, we are getting started on a new big feature--TAF details and color coding. What info are you looking for at a glance from a TAF?

Secondly, what weather graphics are most critical to you?

From a TAF for me is winds and cloud cover I suppose.

ForeFlight does a good job at color-coding TAFs. Green, Blue, Red, Purple. Easy to see the trend at a glance before reading the details.

I too think, as a VFR pilot, wind speed (not really direction) and cloud cover/ceiling are most important to me.

I've played with the app a few times and really like it. Do you have an iPad version planned?

ForeFlight does a good job at color-coding TAFs. Green, Blue, Red, Purple. Easy to see the trend at a glance before reading the details.

I too think, as a VFR pilot, wind speed (not really direction) and cloud cover/ceiling are most important to me.

I've played with the app a few times and really like it. Do you have an iPad version planned?

All of this... including the iPad version! :)

I'd love to give it a shot, I have a Galaxy Tab 2 with JB and a HTC Thunderbolt with ICS

Back