Looking for someone to share a ride.

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
I am thinking seriously of making it to Gastons this year for the annual POA fly-in. I would be flying alone and would like someone to fly along with me and maybe help out a little on the fuel expenses. If anyone is interested in flying with me on this trip please let me know.

I would love to see you there Bob - hope you can make it work.

Wow, that might work for me if you are willing to pick me up at SBS. On runway finder SBS is on the way from Vale (great circle route which doesn't always work in the mountains :lol: ). Do you have a rough idea of cost?

Wow, that might work for me if you are willing to pick me up at SBS. On runway finder SBS is on the way from Vale (great circle route which doesn't always work in the mountains :lol: ). Do you have a rough idea of cost?

I will keep you in mind. Your distance is 716 NM. one way to Gastons. I figure about 150 miles/hour and 12 gal. per hour. I wouldn't expect you to share my expenses to SBS. That would sure help if that would work.

Oh! To fly with a Living Legend!

Can we join up as a flight of two and be the only two polished aluminum flat-engine Cessna's at the event?

The main reason I want to get back there is I have a few more Lawyer jokes I need to tell Spike!!!!!

Can we join up as a flight of two and be the only two polished aluminum flat-engine Cessna's at the event?

I would like that Wayne. I am so anxious to get back there again. It looks like it might happen, as there have been 4 pilots interested in helping me make the trip. I will probably make it even if I don't have anyone to share the expenses. I will save up until June.

I keep thinking I should come your way and do some back-country stuff after Gastons. Maybe we can talk about that too, you obviously know all the spots.

I would like that Wayne. I am so anxious to get back there again. It looks like it might happen, as there have been 4 pilots interested in helping me make the trip. I will probably make it even if I don't have anyone to share the expenses. I will save up until June.

I keep thinking I should come your way and do some back-country stuff after Gastons. Maybe we can talk about that too, you obviously know all the spots.

I know some of the spots, not all. That would be a hoot if you could do that. I thought maybe you could take in the Yellow Pine, ID. Harmonica Contest, but it isn't happening until August 6,7,8 this year. You can google that for information. Yellow pine Population 40 normally and there will be hundreds there for those three days. Johnson Creek airport is 4 miles away from Yellow Pine.

I will keep you in mind. Your distance is 716 NM. one way to Gastons. I figure about 150 miles/hour and 12 gal. per hour. I wouldn't expect you to share my expenses to SBS. That would sure help if that would work.

I can make that work! I would love to make the trip with you. PM me with your plans and I will take the appropriate days off work (note that I work for myself so extened days off due to weather are easily possible, so no get-home-itis on my part)

Tony

I can make that work! I would love to make the trip with you. PM me with your plans and I will take the appropriate days off work (note that I work for myself so extened days off due to weather are easily possible, so no get-home-itis on my part)

Tony

Tony, I like the part where you have a flexible schedule. I don't push on the weather part and since I only fly VFR I have to watch it real close. I will keep you in the loop and let you know my plans as soon as I have a plan.

Yeah, I wasn't planning it on making it on my own this year anyways.

Felix, could you fly as far as Vale and meet up with me there? That would be great if you could do that. Let me know so I can start throwing a plan together.

Looks like we'll have to set up a special "Really Old Pilots" section on the flight line....I'll contact the Flying Octogenarians for some advice. :lol:

Looks like we'll have to set up a special "Really Old Pilots" section on the flight line....I'll contact the Flying Octogenarians for some advice. :lol:

Starting to feel younger by the minute! Is there an under 70 section :lol:

Best,

Dave

Then will we have our own grading system for our landings? It should take into consideration eyesight, hearing and the fact we will be in bad need of a bathroom facility!

. . . and the goat you rode in on.

A plan is starting to come together. It looks like I will be picking stagecoachco up in Steam Boat Springs and then either go on to Gastons or stop and spend a night with Diana and Tom. I will lay over one night at Stagecoachco's place on the way. leave the 9th from Oregon if weather permits. Nothing chiseled in stone yet.

I have a couple that want to ride along with me to Ark. So I am full up as far as room for someone to ride along with me to Gastons.

Well now that you mention it, I've seen goats run straighter than some of the approaches there. No offense, Spike.:D

Hehe, all in jest, Wayne, all in jest. :yesnod:

Although sometimes watching arrivals at Gaston's does remind me of a goat ropin'...

Well now that you mention it, I've seen goats run straighter than some of the approaches there. No offense, Spike.:D

It's silly to be offended by the truth, no matter how brutal it may be.

I am so excited that it looks like I am going to make it to Gastons this year. I have a couple of friends with a mother in law in Ark. and they want to catch a ride with me. So if nothing happens I will be there with 54 November.

I am so excited that it looks like I am going to make it to Gastons this year. I have a couple of friends with a mother in law in Ark. and they want to catch a ride with me. So if nothing happens I will be there with 54 November.

Bob,

Great! Be sure you practice how to land on strips wider than 10 feet wide. ;)

Approaches don't mean squat anyway, if the landing is somewhere in the vicinity of the runway. I hope it rains again so we can all watch the big airplanes make rooster-tails this year too. Barons seem to do it best.

It's silly to be offended by the truth, no matter how brutal it may be.

Back