Looking for shoulder harness for Piper

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
Why is it that when I'm not looking for it, I see it and when I'm trying to find it, I can't. I'm looking for a shoulder harness with a single point attachment in the ceiling, comes vertically down to a perpendicular piece on which the two vertical shoulder belts attach. Not necessarily a Y harness. The one I have sucks and I'm not going to install the inertia reel type.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I swear that I've seen a picture of what I want but can't seem to find it.

I know what you are talking about but I can't picture it.

I just bought the automotive-style inertial reel belts for my PA-30 from Phill-Air.

His belts come from hooker harness. If you read about the military-use belts it describes a V, Y, and H option. No pics that I could find though.

If Y straps dig into your neck they aren't adjusted correctly.

Yeah they don't dig into my neck either. @murphey I believe has the same pair. I have seen the ones your talking about too at some point. Hmm...its been a while though.

Well then maybe I should reconsider the Y in your link. The one I removed from the plane wasn't as "Y'ey" as the one in your link. I'm still going to keep looking for the other one.

Doesn't look like it.

install3.jpg

Does anyone have the BAS should harness kit installed in a PA28-140? Just curious how labor intensive it is to have installed. I saw another set from a different manufacturer that required a large bracket to be installed...but the BAS set looks like it attaches to points already installed on the airplane. I have searched for install instructions to compare the two, but I can't find the BAS instructions...only a few pictures.

This is what I installed. it should be for a P28 but the link says Pa22

https://www.wagaero.com/piper-pa-22-seat-belt-harness-kit-front-6109.html
Yeah they don't dig into my neck either. @murphey I believe has the same pair. I have seen the ones your talking about too at some point. Hmm...its been a while though.
I had the wag aero installed right after I bought the cherokee. Yes, if not correctly adjusted, it will annoy your neck. But then, don't wear a tshirt, always wear a shirt with a collar.

Back