Looking for Safety Pilot in SF bay area

rhvpilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
RHV PILOT
I have IFR checkride scheduled on Sunday 4/12/15.

Hoping to find somebody today and / or tomorrow to act as a safety pilot in SF bayarea.

(Shawn had offered me but he is probably out of town)

appreciate the help.

When?

I have a lesson (and you know where!) tomorrow afternoon, but I think I can make the morning.

This afternoon (late) is also possible. Probably even better. It's a phenomenal day, and I get to look at the scenery and you don't. :)

Yup...sorry. Down in San Diego this week on work till Sunday otherwise would have gone up with ya. Good luck on your check ride!

Yup...sorry. Down in San Diego this week on work till Sunday otherwise would have gone up with ya. Good luck on your check ride!

Thanks Shawn,

Mack G and I went up today both logged 2 hrs hood time (thanks MACK G).
Unfortunately, he is not available tomorrow, it will be great if I could find somebody for tomorrow (saturday)

Sorry I can't do today as well, but it sure was a blast.

Easy as the gig goes, too. Traffic was unbelievably light, despite really nice weather. I don't think I've ever seen Watsonville deserted before in day VFR CAVU conditions (well, one guy reported in just as we were leaving the second time). Last time I did this, there was a ton of traffic into Half Moon Bay, even over the ocean where the GPS approach is, and a wildfire near Bonny Doon to report.

There's something magic about lining up with a runway you can't see on an ILS. 200 AGL is incredibly low.

You should try the safety pilot thing. It's a lot of fun. Kinda like a free sightseeing tour. :)

Last edited:
Shoot. Just saw this.

Put me on your list for the future. Just moved out here and looking to get in the air soon.

Good luck on the checkride tmrw!

Shoot. Just saw this.

Put me on your list for the future. Just moved out here and looking to get in the air soon.

Good luck on the checkride tmrw!

Mike,
Between time schedules and my glide slope issues, I ended up rescheduling the checkride.
I would still be looking to do practice under the hood with a safety pilot. Send me pm if you are available.

Mike,
Between time schedules and my glide slope issues, I ended up rescheduling the checkride.
I would still be looking to do practice under the hood with a safety pilot. Send me pm if you are available.

I can go up tomorrow if you need.

I'll need the favor returned. Did some pattern A today, and it needs some practice.

Back