Looking for referals...

comanche pilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
Looking to fly in Alaska while on cruise. Any recommendations appreciated. No tail wheel experience for me, so would love to fly in a super cub etc.

What ports and are you taking the cruise and rail trip or just the cruise? I'd imagine your best bet is to find a flight school in your AO and just go up with a CFI.

We cruise a lot and your time is very limited. Generally, we see about 6 hours of real time in port albeit the actual time is 8 hours tied up.

Ketchikan on the 5th, Juneau the 6th and Skagway the 7th. We just left the dock, here in Seattle.

I had a great experience flying out of Juneau with a great CFII in a 172 with big tires. He's was super nice and very informitive as he guided my flight over numerous glaciers and river valleys. If anyone ever is in the area, I would highly recommend you seek him out. His name is Boyce Bingham of Alaska School of Aviation. It was a great time!

No, Princess. Our first time cruising with them. Not to impressed. I've sailed on Norwegian and Carnival in the past and would recommend either over Princess. In Skagway today!

Very nice. I love Norwegian and coughed up the cash for a 2 bedroom suite. I'll never go back to a standard room!!!! Our next trip will be in the Haven area if we can swing the cost. I hope you enjoyed Skagway because the return to Seattle seems to happen so fast..... :( We had a night of storms, 10 foot waves and 50 knot winds and I spent most of it on my balcony sipping a tasty adult beverage while the family slept. You stopping in Victoria on the way back?

Back