Looking for info on Mercy flight for sick sister

Ed and Kelvin. What you two did is beyond words. What a fine representation of the kind of people that hang out here.

RT
Hi Gang
Even though I don't post on here often, Kelly is my sister in law, she called me and asked if I knew how she could get her sister home for her final part of life. I told her about angel flight and also told her to post on here, not to have several members go get her sister but for advise. I never even knew about it until our family christmas party today and she showed me the article in the local paper. I can't tell you guys how much joy you bought the family by bringing her sister home. When I read the article it did bring tears to my eyes. It makes me proud to even get to say Im a pilot and a member of this Board. To Kelvin and Ed you both went way above and beyond, so all I can do is offer my thanks as a fellow pilot. The sad news is Kellys sister will be lucky to make to to New Years, but her family is so thankfully for what ever time they have left and it happen because of the members of this Board.

God Bless each and everyone of you.
Regards Mike

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, I love you too...
Just an update. We have decided for safety's sake to move my sister Donna from our home to our hospice residence, which is based in Muskegon MI. It is a great place, very homey and I know my colleagues there will take wonderful care of her, as much for me as for her. Please keep us in your prayers and I am ever mindful of the blessings God has already given us in this situation (ya'all know who you are...). Merry Christmas to all of you! Kelly

Blessings on you and your family in this difficult time.

Amen.

Great job, guys. I just got a chance to read this. It makes me proud to be associated with all of you through this board.

I brought Donna home for Christmas and told the husband he is cooking tomorrow...I am going to sit around and visit and drink wine! Merry Christmas to all of you. Kelly

I am an old pilot and new member of this board, in reading this post you all deserve a great new years for the efforts and help given. I am proud to be a member of this board.

I am an old pilot and new member of this board, in reading this post you all deserve a great new years for the efforts and help given. I am proud to be a member of this board.
Welcome to the board, Dunk! You'll find that there are a lot of great people here!

Ed and Kelvin, thanks for being who you are! Your help was a blessing for this family, and an inspiration to us all. Let's shout this out for the non-GA world to realize what GA really means, and what special people pilots are!

And to Kelly, my thoughts and prayers for your entire family.

Hi Gang
First off I have to Thank Ed and Kelvin for getting Kelly's sister home to Michigan for her last weeks. I am sad to tell you that Kelly's sister passed away this morning shortly after 5:00 am. If it had not been for this Board and this great group of people Kelly's sister never would have made it back home for her final days. The family can't thank you all enough for your support and prayers during the final weeks of Kelly's sister's life.

God Bless Each one of you.

Regards Mike

That's sad news. Thank you, though, for making sure we were told. My heart always stopped a little when I'd see this thread back in the new posts list, for this reason. I'm grateful to be among friends who make miracles like this happen. Thoughts are with you all...

Mike, I am very sorry for your and Kelly's loss. I am happy that her sister got to spend her final days in warmth and comfort with her sister and family and that Pilots of America especially Ed and Kelvin were able to help make that happen. Our thoughts are with Kelly and her family.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back