Looking for info on Kenosha, WI (KENW)

wayne

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
wayne
We're going up there in a couple of weeks. I'd like to see about doing a little flying while I'm up there. After some hunting I found Majestic on the web, but that's it.

Anyone have any info on them or any other flight schools at KENW, or even nearby?

Thanks,

I have landed there a few times. Nice airport, good controllers. But I have not used their services for much other than some fuel last year.

I don't remember the name of the school, but I did a discovery flight out of there one time when I was in the area on business. I think I paid about $75 and the instructor was cool as could be. It was in a newer 172SP with steam gauges. We flew up over Racine then down around Pleasant Prairie before coming back and landing at KENW. I would recommend going there - I just wish I remembered the name of the school.

ENW is a nice ariport, never rented out of there. I used to fly out of 5k6 (Westosha) a great little country airport just west of Kenosha. Stop by in the clubhouse and see if Dana Halliday (SP?) is there. I think he currently has a Cub he gives dual in, but I haven't talked to him in a while.

If you are there the weekend before Airventure there's often a warbird formation class in progress prepping for a mass arrival. Expecting a big turnout of Yaks and CJ's this year.

If you are there the weekend before Airventure there's often a warbird formation class in progress prepping for a mass arrival. Expecting a big turnout of Yaks and CJ's this year.
And the 99's usually have a party/meeting at Bev & Chuck Greenhill's hangar. He has quite the collection, including Geraldine, his P-51-D, and his Grumman Duck, which won Best of the Best at AirVenture last year (http://www.airventure.org/2007/8sun29/grumman_duck.html).

He also has (or had) a Seafury.

Last edited:
Back