Looking for independent training in SoCal area

ucladave

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ucladave
I am a private multi inst pilot that has been flying for about 20 years when I got my license in college. In the last 10 years, I seem to have gotten into a rut of going up once a year or so. While I am ok at handling the controls for the most part, I am a bit rusty. Additionally I am really out of practice with cross country flying and flying the LA airspace. I would like to design a 10-15 hour course to refresh myself and bring me back up to speed and am hoping to find someone that can do so at a reasonable rate. I live across the street from SMO, but any local airport is good for me. I did my training in a warrior, and my multi/inst in a Seneca just for reference.

I am a private multi inst pilot that has been flying for about 20 years when I got my license in college. In the last 10 years, I seem to have gotten into a rut of going up once a year or so. While I am ok at handling the controls for the most part, I am a bit rusty. Additionally I am really out of practice with cross country flying and flying the LA airspace. I would like to design a 10-15 hour course to refresh myself and bring me back up to speed and am hoping to find someone that can do so at a reasonable rate. I live across the street from SMO, but any local airport is good for me. I did my training in a warrior, and my multi/inst in a Seneca just for reference.
I know a good guy I'd recommend at Fullerton. If that isn't too far, let me know.

Talk to my friends at Proteus (http://proteus.aero). I did my private and instrument training with them in '09 and continue to rent with them to this day. They've got a fleet of Piper aircraft including an Arrow that is great for taking on longer trips (trues out at 135-140 knots). Any one of their instructors would be happy to work with you, I'm sure.

I can recommend a great one out of KTOA

Fearless, who do you recommend in Fullerton? I might need the recommendation one day.

Daniel Wotring. Google Aviator Flight Training Fullerton for his website. He is also a great tail wheel instructor. He did my insurance checkout when I got my 170. Good guy.

Back