Looking for hangar space at Corona Airport (KAJO)

maduro

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Maduro
Just bought a Piper Arrow. Looking for hangar space at Corona Airport, California. Msg me.... thanx in advance.

-John

Be aware that AJO is in a flood area, behind Prado Dam. Especially the west end of the airport is flood prone, but really all of it. We had real problems there in 2005 and were lucky our plane, which was there for extended maintenance and paint work, was able to be moved to the high end. If you do end up there, especially in the winter, make sure your plane is always flyable (even if on a ferry permit), and that someone has access to it if you're out of town.

Be aware that AJO is in a flood area [...] We had real problems there in 2005 and were lucky...
AJO in 2005 (not my photo, wish I knew whose it was so I could credit them):
rain_damage_recon_027.jpg

My borrowed hangar is somewhere close to the center of the frame. I was also lucky as I had only moved tools there, my airplane was somewhere else...and stayed there.

Nauga,
singlehandedly keeping Harbor Freight afloat. Pun intended.

Wow, I didn't know about the flooding. Thanx for the heads up. I live closer to Chino Airport and have put myself on the waiting list.... who knows how long that's gonna be. I have been told it could be a year or two. Also, can you tell me how much I can expected to pay for a hanger at AJO? I might have a place by late January.

Might be OK if your plane is on floats ...

(Running and ducking!)

Uh, they reinforced Prado dam in... 2008? or so. I understand the new dam configuration can flow about 3x the water as before. Even so, though, the east end is higher than the west end. Prices reflect this.

My first plane is in that photo above somewhere. To the left, high and dry, after we commandeered the surface streets and ****ed off the chief of police. :D

schmookeeg.... I think I found a hangar at the east end of the airport.... near the cafe. Do you know any good CFII that serves that area? I'd like to start working on my instrument rating. Thanx.

schmookeeg.... I think I found a hangar at the east end of the airport.... near the cafe. Do you know any good CFII that serves that area? I'd like to start working on my instrument rating. Thanx.

Hmm.... in an arrow? Not really anymore. People there used to be friendly, I'd start peeking into open hangar doors, odds are you'll be awash in choices :D

Hmm.... in an arrow? Not really anymore. People there used to be friendly, I'd start peeking into open hangar doors, odds are you'll be awash in choices :D

I checked out Chino airport before looking at Corona airport. It seemed like Chino wasn't as "friendly".... and bit of a circus. Maybe its just me?

I checked out Chino airport before looking at Corona airport. It seemed like Chino wasn't as "friendly".... and bit of a circus. Maybe its just me?

No, I think the same thing. Riverside is sort of in-between them IMHO although the FSDO there chills out some of the more ...intriguing... aviation activity you can find at the other two :D

At Chino, the hangars are county owned while the hangars at Corona are privately owned.

Back