Looking for Flight School Where It's Warm

stevebrent

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Steve Brent
Can anybody recommend a good flight school located somewhere warm, where I can take a final couple of hours of primary training then my private pilot practical? I'm up north where the weather's going to be iffy for the next few months. I'd want a school with Cherokees?

Thanks.

Arizona or Florida. Search for "flight schools" & ("arizona" or "florida")

I was in a flying club in Fort Myers/ Naples area. PM me if you want more info. They have an archer that is pretty well equipped. Good prices and no overnight fees if you decide to fly after you're finished up. Great instructor as well.

Mike

Albuquerque New Mexico has a place called Del Sol Aviation (based at KABQ). They have an Arrow and a Cherokee for rent there.

Reasonable rates, and Albuquerque has decent weather (they get snow, but its usually gone by 10am at the latest)

New smrnya beach Florida had a nice little school and it is not far from the beach. I haven't been there in five years but it's probably still there.

Las Vegas, NV. There are schools at both GA airports that can help you out.

I was in a flying club in Fort Myers/ Naples area. PM me if you want more info. They have an archer that is pretty well equipped. Good prices and no overnight fees if you decide to fly after you're finished up. Great instructor as well.

Mike

I meant to include that its 200 +/- to join and $105 wet for an archer II or 172sp. Instructors are free lance and probably about 30/hr.

Hi Mike--

Thanks for the info. Did I understand you to say it costs $200 to join the club? Can that be? Anyway, how do I follow up? Can you recommend a particular CFI?

Thanks.

steve

Maybe you should talk to Jeanie here on the Forum. Big Bend country is pretty far South!

Hi Mike--

Thanks for the info. Did I understand you to say it costs $200 to join the club? Can that be? Anyway, how do I follow up? Can you recommend a particular CFI?

Thanks.

steve

Yep $200, its a non profit club, not an equity club. I sent you a PM. My instructor is on the board and is a great CFI, very experienced and flexible schedule. We became friends and still fly a lot together.

Shebles in AZ has a good finish up program, but if you only need a couple of hours, their program may not be for you.

Albuquerque New Mexico has a place called Del Sol Aviation (based at KABQ). They have an Arrow and a Cherokee for rent there.

Reasonable rates, and Albuquerque has decent weather (they get snow, but its usually gone by 10am at the latest)

Not warm right now :wink2:. Del Sol is good and if you give them your time, they'll get you finished up in short order. The DPE in our area is an awesome guy too.

Can anybody recommend a good flight school located somewhere warm, where I can take a final couple of hours of primary training then my private pilot practical? I'm up north where the weather's going to be iffy for the next few months. I'd want a school with Cherokees?

Thanks.

Tailwheels, etc in Winter Haven, FL!

Back