Looking for Flight School recommendations - DFW

DrSwede

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Swede
Howdy everyone -

I am looking for recommendations on Flight Schools in an area south of DFW. Not further east than Waxahachie. Not further west than Burleson.

I've come across the following so far:
  • Aviator Air Flight school in Grand Prairie
  • Fort Worth Flight school in Burleson
  • Spinks Flight Center in Burleson
  • Huffman Aviation in Burleson

Any thoughts/experience with those above? Any others I should consider?

Of the 4, Huffman is a good choice.

if you’re willing to come to Roanoke, I have schedule availability.

IMG_2748.jpeg

Howdy everyone -

I am looking for recommendations on Flight Schools in an area south of DFW. Not further east than Waxahachie. Not further west than Burleson.

I've come across the following so far:
  • Aviator Air Flight school in Grand Prairie
  • Fort Worth Flight school in Burleson
  • Spinks Flight Center in Burleson
  • Huffman Aviation in Burleson

Any thoughts/experience with those above? Any others I should consider?
Are you just beginning training? What are your goals?

Of the 4, Huffman is a good choice.

if you’re willing to come to Roanoke, I have schedule availability.

View attachment 116806

Huffman pretty structured?

Sorry, Roanoke is pretty far for me to drive otherwise I would be game.

Are you just beginning training? What are your goals?

I went for a discovery flight a while back. I felt a little uncomfortable with how much was going on that I didn't know/understand, despite not being in training or a pilot, so I decided to pursue ground school first. This had nothing to do with the instructor, just me personally. I think completing the ground school first gave me a good reference point, despite this approach perhaps being an unpopular opinion. So now, I need to start the flight training. My goal is the PPL only. Started out with only being interested in flying for fun, but I do travel for work so it may be advantageous for that at some point.

I'm currently using a commercial instructor out of fort Worth spinks if you want an independent I can pass his information on to you.

I'm currently using a commercial instructor out of fort Worth spinks if you want an independent I can pass his information on to you.

More than happy to consider anyone you feel is good. It's a tough job trying to pick somewhere to start. The Google Reviews for the above places are a bit mixed.

Back