AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
Peggy McMath

Summary:
Computer software engineer. Develop, create, and modify specialized computer applications software. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software for client use with the aim of optimizing coding efficiency. Analyze and design databases with an application area or coordinate database development as part of a team.

Specialties:
MQ Series, XML, C/C++, Solaris UNIX, K & C Shells, SQL, JAVA, JavaScript, ASP, PHP, MySQL, HTML, Purify, Windows SDK, Access, Mercury products

Interested In:
  • career opportunities
  • consulting offers
  • new ventures
  • job inquiries
  • expertise requests
  • business deals
  • reference requests
  • getting back in touch
Projects taking place in Greater New York City Area, Tulsa OK, Carlsbad NM, as well as via phone/email.

Software Analyst at Mobius Management Systems
(Information Technology and Services industry)
April 2006 – Present (1 year 3 months)

Officer, Lead Programmer at JP Morgan Chase / Global Banking
(Public Company; 10,001 or more employees; JPM; Investment Banking industry)
June 1993 – September 2003 (10 years 4 months)

Manager, Software Quality Assurance at Prodigy Services Company
(Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Information Technology and Services industry)
June 1987 – May 1993 (6 years)

Software Developer at TanData
(Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Information Technology and Services industry)
June 1984 – May 1987 (3 years)

Manager, Computer Department at Energy Auditing Services
(Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Financial Services industry)
February 1983 – June 1984 (1 year 5 months)

Communication Services Officer at Coast Guard Auxiliary
(Government Agency; 1001-5000 employees; Government Administration industry)
2002 – Present (5 years)

Vocational Instructor at Bailey House
(Non-Profit; 201-500 employees; Non-Profit Organization Management industry)
November 2004 – April 2006 (1 year 6 months)

High School Mathematics Teacher at New York Public Schools (Bronx)
(Educational Institution; 10,001 or more employees; Education Management industry)
June 2003 – September 2004 (1 year 4 months)

Education
Pace University
MS, Computer Science, 1991 – 1993
Graduated with honors

City University of New York City College
Education, Secondary Mathematics, 2003 – 2005
Approximately 1/2 requirements completed for Master's
Activities and Societies: New York City Teaching Fellows

University of Tulsa
BS, Business Administration, Management, 1982 – 1984
Graduated with high honors
Activities and Societies: Honor Society

Tulsa Junior College
General Studies, 1979 – 1982
Awarded Professor's Scholarship
Activities and Societies: Participated in Student Government as Parliamentarian
Participated in Model Legislature
Mensa

Last edited:
Oh no. That sucks, Peggy. If I hear anything, I'll let ya know (believe it or not, I might be able to help you in New Mexico....)

Sorry you got the bad news AP. That sucks. Unfortunately I don't know a thing about the industry so I'm no help.

I'm so sorry to hear that Peggy. How'd the husband fare?
Thanks for asking.

As you know, Hubby and I worked for the same company and it was acquired on Friday. We were both among the 2/3 of the employees let go the same day as the acquisition. Bad deal for us. Probably an even worse deal for the remaining 1/3.

I will be posting Hubby's resume as soon as he gets it up to date.

Peggy:

I will send you a lead via PM.
I have also gone through a restructuring...
New opportunities are just around the corner.

Mark

Aunt Peggy,
I'm really sorry to hear that. Leslie and I have been in a similar situation, where we were both laid off (from separate companies!) within a week of one another. We were lucky. She got an immediate job offer from a client in another state, and she took it. We got her an apartment in Indianapolis while I maintained the house in the Chicago area. It actually wound up working out pretty well for us, but it was scary. We wish you and Hubby at least as good an outcome!

Unfortunately, I don't know of any opportunities out of the midwest. :(

Final update:
I'm expecting an offer in the mail shortly. Hubby has already found another job.
Thanks.

Final update:
I'm expecting an offer in the mail shortly. Hubby has already found another job.
Thanks.

One door closes, a better one opens.

Blessings on you both!

Final update:
Thanks.

Great, Peggy!

That's very encouraging. I'm gonna put my head on the street directly.

I just had a call where a key team member on the client side said he was leaving. I said, "C'mon! I'm SURE you meet expectations!" Since other people, including his boss were there,...there was a moment of eerie quiet. Sometimes, I'm soooo good at this stuff. :p

Sorry to hear about the need for a new job, glad to hear you may already have one.

Just reading your resume... the High School kids you taught must have really had a good time with Ms. McMath, the math teacher. :goofy:

Missa

Sorry to hear about the need for a new job, glad to hear you may already have one.

Just reading your resume... the High School kids you taught must have really had a good time with Ms. McMath, the math teacher. :goofy:

Missa
They had a good time with it. I had Mickey D's delivered to class one day.

When people can't get the hang of how to spell my name, I tell them that I'm an algebra sandwich from the Golden Arches and they get it right away.

Surprisingly, the stint as a teacher helped me get this job in software quality assurance. I will be involved in "communication" between various groups and disciplines.

Last edited:
Back