Looking for CFI on the LA area

rtodepart

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
tony
If by any chance anyone knows of a decent instructor around the Los Angeles area I would appreciate if you pass down the contact info ..... thanks in advance...

All of the instructors at Proteus Air Services are good. It’s at KSMO and they teach in Pipers and Cirruses. I did my Cirrus transition training there and am now doing Instrument training there in a Cirrus with Sean who I highly recommend. If you prefer Pipers, talk with Yaasca too.

If you want to train in an LSA, there are Sling 2s at the Sling Flying Club at KTOA. It’s a regular flight school, not really a “club.” I’ve done recurrent training with Anastasia there and think she’s excellent.

All of the instructors at Proteus Air Services are good. It’s at KSMO and they teach in Pipers and Cirruses. I did my Cirrus transition training there and am now doing Instrument training there in a Cirrus with Sean who I highly recommend. If you prefer Pipers, talk with Yaasca too.

If you want to train in an LSA, there are Sling 2s at the Sling Flying Club at KTOA. It’s a regular flight school, not really a “club.” I’ve done recurrent training with Anastasia there and think she’s excellent.
Thanks ill check them out .

If you want to train in Cessna 172s, try American Aviation out of Van Nuys, ask for Aleksey Krishtall. I completed my PP training with him and can highly recommend! I started out at SMO at Santa Monica Flyers. SM Flyers have decent 172s, but all the good CFIs have left, and I don't know any of the remaining CFIs - all I know is that they charge in the $100/hour range.
Aircraft rental prices and CFI hourly rates are cheaper in VNY than SMO and in SMO you also have a $13 landing fee every time you do a T&G.... if cost is a concern. (oh, and no T&Gs during the weekend, so you would end up flying to VNY anyway.)
Aleksey knows Mark Boss, who is a DPE out of VNY, so he will know all the little nuances that this DPE will require during your check ride.
There are no DPEs based in SMO, so if you train there, you would need to fly either to CMA or to VNY for a DPE.
I believe TOA has Pat Carey as one of the DPEs, the guy is a legend!

Back