Looking for central FL Recommendations

FutureFly

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
FutureFly
Looking for preferably a part 61 grass or non towered paved airport, while wanting to earn my private pilot license somewhere near Lake County Florida or central Florida. Would also hear out recommended part 141 if someone has good experience with them as well, not looking to go to ATP school program.

I did my Sport Pilot and Private Pilot training at First Landings in Apopka. That was a few years ago, so no recent experience, but overall I was satisfied. They've been around for about 14 years now, and started out specializing in SP training, though now they do PP and Instrument. They have quite a few planes and instructors, which helps with scheduling. At least when a plane goes down for maintenance you're not likely to be grounded. They also rent the planes, so you'll have something to fly after you finish training if you don't buy your own right away.

Apopka's airport, X04, is a small non-towered paved airport. Winds can be tricky there due to berms and hangars near the runway. It's a short hop to KLEE (Leesburg) so your towered airport training will likely be done there.

Probably worth a phone call, at least. Website: https://www.firstlandings.com/ .

I'm not aware of any schools operating off grass strips around here.

Back