Looking for busy pilots who want to be prepared for their next BFR and/or emergency..

FLA-MAV

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
FLA
We are looking to conduct "problem interviews" with 5-10 pilots regarding aviation product that is in early development - I want to stress that we don’t have a finished product and that the objective is to learn from you, not to sell or pitch you anything.

• We are working on a product to keep busy pilots current on critical aviation topics and regulations, practiced on emergency procedures, and practiced on stick-and-rudder skills in order to help them be safer pilots and prepared for their next BFR.
  • Before we get too ahead of ourselves, we want to make sure that other pilots share the same problem of keeping current on aviation topics and emergency proceedures and see if this product is worth building.
You can contact us via private email, or respond to this posting and we will send you a private message.

Best regards,

Tom K - CatAero

Re: Looking for busy pilots who want to be prepared for their next BFR and/or emergen

Just love folks that join a board to push something.

Re: Looking for busy pilots who want to be prepared for their next BFR and/or emergen

You really are a skeptical guy. I mean c'mon, haven't you ever heard of focus groups?:rofl:

I'm OK with anyone who wants to use some creative approach to improve the safety culture in general aviation - I like most of you a lot, wish not to read about you being killed in a mishap; wish fervently for you not to read of such a thing about me, as well.

• We are working on a product to keep busy pilots current on critical aviation topics and regulations, practiced on emergency procedures, and practiced on stick-and-rudder skills in order to help them be safer pilots and prepared for their next BFR

Ummm... isn't the above in blue accomplished with the FAA Wings program? The education seminars are free, and there is always plenty of opportunity to do the flight portion with a CFI.

Then you go to the WINGS site to say all is good toward your flight review?

Well, the domain name

Cataero.com

Is available at godaddy.

I'd be open to taking a look.

It is in the Classifieds section.

If he's not selling anything, shouldn't it be in the non-classified section?:wink2:
It is in the Classifieds section.

If he's not selling anything, shouldn't it be in the non-classified section?:wink2:

The answer to that is classified. :D

You guys shouldn't be so pessimistic. This appears to be a legitimate thing - the guy has an idea so he started up a company.

It's an ongoing guided training curriculum. As a pilot, you are always learning, this is a structure for doing it - every flight, go out and do one or two of these things and see them in action. From what I see, it's probably pretty effective if the content is relevant. The content will be the telling factor here.

Yes, it comes across as a scammy sell...but I don't think it is.

Ummm... isn't the above in blue accomplished with the FAA Wings program? The education seminars are free, and there is always plenty of opportunity to do the flight portion with a CFI.

Then you go to the WINGS site to say all is good toward your flight review?

The Wings program is just one means of recurrent training available to pilots. Those who fly bigger iron typically have some insurance-mandated recurrent training, and the reality is it is a good idea for all pilots to do some form of recurrent training.

Sounds like what the OP is talking about is something that's easier to use, i.e. work on at home. Wings seminars may be free, but you have to go to them. So something that one can do at home (or on the road) is preferable for many. Sounds like that's what the OP is referring to.

I'm OK with anyone who wants to use some creative approach to improve the safety culture in general aviation - I like most of you a lot, wish not to read about you being killed in a mishap; wish fervently for you not to read of such a thing about me, as well.

Yeah, but you're get the best epitaph for your tombstone:

"Smooth Talker"

Yeah, but you're get the best epitaph for your tombstone:

Here Lies Spike "Smooth Talker" Cutler
Who could say a lot all in one breath
Unfortunately no longer,
as he talked himself right up to death.

images

Last edited:

Here Lies Spike "Smooth Talker" Cutler
Who could say a lot all in one breath
Unfortunately no longer,
as he talked himself right up to death.

images

:rofl:

I'm the target market, I'd give my input. And ditto to what spike said.

Back