Looking for beacon and strobe options for a Cherokee 180

callegro

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Callegro
Hi guys,

I am looking for a new lighting configuration for my '68 Cherokee 180D. First off, when I bought it, I noticed the beacon wasn't rotating, may need replacing. Not to be picky, but I was looking for a "strobe" beacon rather than a rotating one, if that makes sense. Any options for that?

Also, I need a set of good strobes, I already have decent nav lights, but flying in the busy LA airspace, I would prefer to have strobes as well.

Landing light works good, not LED, but I have no problems with it. Is there a way to add a taxi light if possible? Or is that not really necessary.

Thanks guys

I recently replaced my beacon that was also out with a Whelen LED flashing unit. The thing is freakin bright...so much so that I discovered that it works well as a backup when your landing light goes out! DOH! Got a red flash of the runway about every second on approach after crossing the threshold!

[FLASH]There's the runway...[FLASH]There's the runway...[FLASH]There's the runway...

...that was fun!

I am now all LED landing and position lights as I do lotta So Cal flying at night as well.

I recently installed a Whelen 71055 LED red/white beacon.

STUPID BRIGHT.... Nuf said.

Back