Looking for an OLD Concord 'comedy' recording

DeeG

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
DeeG
I used to have a cassette tape of a British Airways pilot talking about his career flying the Concord. It was a copy of a copy of a copy and barely understandable. But it was friggen hilarious to listen to this guy talk about flying the plane. I'm going to guess this was recorded about 20-25 years ago. It was with a live audience. The cassette disappeared several years ago, and I've been trying to find another recording of this for quite some time now.

I know its a long shot, but has anyone else EVER hear this????

Thanks,

Dee

I tried several search strings but always came up blank. Interestingly enough each time I searched I got you post above.

Do you have any other information like the person's name who is talking on the tape?

I wish I could remember who it was. The sound quality of the tape was poor enough that I don't think I ever got his full name when he was introduced. Its been at least 12-15 years since I've heard the tape, and I can only remember snippets of it. I THINK he had already retired when the tape was made. He was British (at least he had the accent), Probably in his late 30's early 40's at the time. He was a Captain, and IIRC, had been flying the left seat (in the Concord) for about 10 years.

Any snippets you remember that might have useful keywords?

Oh boy..... not really. I only remember one thing clearly. Can't recall what the whole sentence was , but part of it was: "le, le, le, left...and ra, ra, ra, right" Kind of like he was stuttering. I can't for the life of me remember what he was talking about, but it got a huge laugh. I know, it's a pretty lame thing to remember, but come on. I'm old. :p

I'm doing some spring cleaning right now, and I've emptied a bunch of boxes and found a load of cassettes. Some of them look pretty ancient. I'm gonna spend some time sitting in front of the tape player and see what I've found. Maybe I'll get lucky.

I've got a record by David Gunson. Not a Concorde pilot but he is British ATC and tells humorous aviation stories.

Now THAT'S some good stuff! :rofl:

(It's available through Napster.)

Back