Looking for an app...

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
You know how video taken in a vertical format often gets "blurred" where there would otherwise be black bars?

Like this from the Harrison Ford video:

33051615655_81eda5bb2a_z.jpg

Does anyone know of a Mac or iOS app that can do this automatically to stills? I've tried to search but I'm having trouble with appropriate search terms.

We bought a digital photo frame and a lot of the photos in vertical mode or that otherwise don't fill the screen might look better with the edges blurred.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I tried to help out using phrases like "soft focus border" frame, aspect ratio, etc.
I have learned often it helps to search, and go right to the images tab, often you can see what you are after much more quickly in the rows of images, then visit the site, but I couldn't find any yet.

I think photography and image editing has more weird phrases than aviation. I think you need an image nerd here! Hope you get one to answer.

One thing you might try. I've only ever seen that on video images. Try using your phone, set to video, and see if you can turn it off or on when taking a video. Then you'd at least have the term to search for?

Good job! You got it!
But was there an actual name for that particular effect?

Back