Want To Buy Looking for a used, runout prop

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
A few years back, I made a wall clock from my old Tiger prop which had been declared out of limits. It now adorns the living room wall at our N GA digs:

14907091388_3e81cf682f.jpg

I’d like to do something similar for our E TN home.

Anyone have one they’d like to part with for a reasonable price? Cosmetics don’t matter a whole lot, since I can always paint it and apply new decals, like I did with my Tiger’s prop.

Thanks in advance...

I have one. What’s a reasonable price? And shipping is an issue let me know where you are and I can work on a shipping quote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free would be reasonable, what else can you do with it? Out of limits equals scrap.

Free would be reasonable, what else can you do with it? Out of limits equals scrap.

Except when people make things out of them, thus not scrap

There are a whole bunch of used and replica props on eBay, but I thought I’d ask here first.

It would be nice if I knew the prop’s “origin story”!

Took it to have it repitched it was under minimums. Original McCauley from my 59 172. Painted it black so the daughter could paint a mural on it. Been over a year no mural. I’ll try to get you a shipping estimate.

Culver props usually have a few “mistakes” on hand. Last time I got one it was $100.

Cheers

Rough estimate puts it close to $100 shipping. (I am in Alaska). I’ll talk to the daughter see if she’s gonna actually paint it or not. Let me know if you don’t find one closer.

There are a whole bunch of used and replica props on eBay, but I thought I’d ask here first.

It would be nice if I knew the prop’s “origin story”!

Come now, Eddie. I thought this was a DIY project. Surely you can craft a story to go with the prop! "There grandad was at 2000' over a French farm, the Red Baron diving at him from the sun..." Or maybe, "There I was, 500' over the Everglades with a planeload of Columbia's finest and a DEA chopper closing in on my six..."

:)

Back