Looking for a third for/with a Cessna to keep in San Felipe, Mexico

C

catalogguy

2 pilots are interested in keeping an airplane at the San Felipe International airport. A 172 w/180hp or a 182. We are planning to build a hangar at the airport. Also, willing to trade land if someone has a plane to offer.
abr.jpg

I have been to San Felipe many times, Have always wanted to land at the airport, but have always landed at Yuma, Az. and driven from there. Are you really going to leave an airplane unattended at the airport??? Unless something has changed there is good chance of loosing an airplane, hanger or not.

If something has changed (like 24 hour guards) please let me know for I will be headed there in Dec in our Cherokee Six( drug runners like Six's).

I do have a 172/180hp I would consider a trade. How many miles of beach front are offering.

Dogman

Hi Dogman,

San Felipe clears 5-15 airplanes on an average day and the military is stationed at the airport 24 hours. While you are correct about airplanes being desirable to the narcos, I don't know of any incidents taking place here in San Felipe. I live here full time and get to the airport frequently. Today there are about 8 planes including a couple Cessna 182's, a C414, and a DC3. Sometimes they have turbines or biz jets, too. I hope you make it in December... get in touch if you fly in and I will be happy to pick you up in a van at the airport and give you a ride into town so we have a chance to meet.

Andrew
andrew@micasadelmar.com:blueplane:

dogman said:
I have been to San Felipe many times, Have always wanted to land at the airport, but have always landed at Yuma, Az. and driven from there. Are you really going to leave an airplane unattended at the airport??? Unless something has changed there is good chance of loosing an airplane, hanger or not.

If something has changed (like 24 hour guards) please let me know for I will be headed there in Dec in our Cherokee Six( drug runners like Six's).

I do have a 172/180hp I would consider a trade. How many miles of beach front are offering.

Dogman

Back