Looking for a place to finish my ppl that has good weather

Giannid

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Gianni
I've been training for the last year and a half toward getting my ppl. I've been soloed already and have passed my written test already. Weather here in Ohio is lousy and i just want to go somewhere and finish up. Anyone know of a good flight school/instructor that may be able to help me out where the weather will cooperate? Thanks

Any contact info on the place in AZ?

Www.Marcairaviation.com. N. Texas is hitting a decent weather period, and Marc has done a lot to update the aircraft with new panel items (including the GTN's and more).

They have a nice Decathlon for your tail wheel endorsement.

For a quick finish-up I'd reccomend Sheble Aviation in Bullhead City, AZ. I don't typically reccomend accelerated training for a PPL, but if you already have the basics and just need to finish it up, I say go for it.

Also weather here (ABQ/SAF) isn't too bad, if you've got a plane I could probably finish you up in short order.

I actually have a lot of time already like 80 hours. I just haven't been able to do it on a consistant basis as I own a construction company and when the weather is good work comes first. I'm also half owners in a beech sierra which is what I have most of my time in. Moving the plane to a warmer location probably isn't an option as my partner probably wouldn't be happy with it. i don't mind renting a plane and have some time and been soloed in a 172 also.

Jeannie's Airplane Camp?

I actually have a lot of time already like 80 hours. I just haven't been able to do it on a consistant basis as I own a construction company and when the weather is good work comes first. I'm also half owners in a beech sierra which is what I have most of my time in. Moving the plane to a warmer location probably isn't an option as my partner probably wouldn't be happy with it. i don't mind renting a plane and have some time and been soloed in a 172 also.
Call Sheble Aviation. My guess is that they could get you done in a week...Just commit all the downtime to self-study.

As Mike says, we are getting into our good weather period here in N Texas and there are plenty of flight schools.

Also, if you want more interesting scenery from the air without the ultra high altitude, you might contact Jeanie on this forum. She is an instructor in Alpine, near the Big Bend country. She should have beaucoup great flying weather down there.

Anyone know of anything in Florida?

Gianni,

Just contact Jeanie and have her pick you up at the airport in her Citabria(I think that's what she has.) You then can start your lessons on the way to her home field.

I talked to her and it's one of the options I have to decide. It's just a far drive to get there and airfare is rediculous right now. I'm not even sure I can finish up if I go down for a week so I might have to go twice which is going to cost a lot to go down twice. If I fly i will have to have a definate leave date which might not be when I'm done. Florida is quite a bit closer and if I drive I can come back whenever. Still deciding and calling around.

I have a 152 and a super decathlon. The SD is mine for fun.... The 152 is for training students.

Kpcm in Plant city florida has 152s, 172s and a 182. Seems to allways be couple instructors hanging around. I think 152 is around 80 per hour and 172 is little over 100. Instructors are 32 per hour.

I've been training for the last year and a half toward getting my ppl. I've been soloed already and have passed my written test already. Weather here in Ohio is lousy and i just want to go somewhere and finish up. Anyone know of a good flight school/instructor that may be able to help me out where the weather will cooperate? Thanks

Jojo Sheble will get you done http://shebleaviation.com/

Back