Looking for a PIREP

bluesky74656

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Todd Kooser
I'm flying to Columbus, OH on Tuesday to meet some friends for the day. I was thinking it would be fun to pick them up and fly to lunch somewhere, but I don't know of any airports with good on-field food, and adventurepilot.com has been down all day. Does anyone have any good suggestions that would be local to the Columbus area. I'm meeting people at KCMH - Port Columbus Intl. I'm planning to park at Lane Aviation based on some of the comments I've seen. Any comments good or bad? Thanks!

I believe Bolton Field has a BBQ restaurant on the field. It's on the other side of Columbus.

KMFD - Mansfield
They have a restaurant right on the field. Used to be called the Flying Turtle. Regular bar food, but a nice place and you can sit on the tarmac and watch the planes in and out. If you're lucky, they'll have the C130s flying.

KTSO - Carrol County
They've got a small dinner/restaurant on the field that had really good pies. There's also a wonderful restaurant that is a short (<1/2 mile) walk through the woods. I'd suggest calling the airport ahead of time - it's been a year or two since I ate there, but it is a really pretty walk through the woods.

I'm flying to Columbus, OH on Tuesday to meet some friends for the day. I was thinking it would be fun to pick them up and fly to lunch somewhere, but I don't know of any airports with good on-field food, and adventurepilot.com has been down all day. Does anyone have any good suggestions that would be local to the Columbus area. I'm meeting people at KCMH - Port Columbus Intl. I'm planning to park at Lane Aviation based on some of the comments I've seen. Any comments good or bad? Thanks!

You'll like TZR. Nice long strip, nice people everywhere, and JPs (the on field restaurant) is really good.

Back