Looking for A&P in Louisville, KY Area

Ken H

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
AeroGeek
Well, I'm the proud new owner of a Cherokee Six. The plane is in Louisville and I'm trying to find a mechanic that can help me with it. There are a few minor squawks that need to be addressed. Any recommendations for A&Ps in the region? I'm not opposed to flying the plane to a nearby town.

Lance at Cherry Hill Aviation is reasonable. Located Seymour, Indiana north of Louisville. 812-322-6762

Congratulations on the plane! I'm located just east of Louisville off a grass strip, work and fly my plane into Madison, IN quite a bit and into Bowman field a lot. I can't say I recommend anyone as most of my A&P/IA connections are over in Lexington direction, but listening in for any local shops in the Louisville or Indiana areas as usually more convenient now where I work.

Is your plane in a hanger or tied down? Might be easier to find someone if you have it in your hanger and open up some more options. I looked at a all white PA32-260 this summer over at Bowman field for sale, my next plane if I ever sell my PA28-140 and can work up a budget.

Congratulations on the plane! I'm located just east of Louisville off a grass strip, work and fly my plane into Madison, IN quite a bit and into Bowman field a lot. I can't say I recommend anyone as most of my A&P/IA connections are over in Lexington direction, but listening in for any local shops in the Louisville or Indiana areas as usually more convenient now where I work.

Is your plane in a hanger or tied down? Might be easier to find someone if you have it in your hanger and open up some more options. I looked at a all white PA32-260 this summer over at Bowman field for sale, my next plane if I ever sell my PA28-140 and can work up a budget.

Thanks! It’s in a large hangar for now. Soon to be t-hangar. Good luck shopping for a Six!

You should consider have Bartelt In Sturgis do your first annual. They will root out everything on a PA32. I bought my T Lance through them.

You should consider have Bartelt In Sturgis do your first annual. They will root out everything on a PA32. I bought my T Lance through them.

Do you happen to know about how long an annual takes with Bartelt?

Thanks!

Congrats on the new plane. I keep my Mooney down at Elizabethtown (KEKX). Don't venture too much into the Louisville area. I know they have an A&P based here but don't know how much they work on Piper's. Venture down and check out the field.

Do you happen to know about how long an annual takes with Bartelt?

Thanks!

No clue. It’s not like being pregnant..... it could be smooth and done in a week or an awe **** annual going weeks or months.

Back