Looking for a nut for my push to talk switch

SkyVoyager

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
SkyVoyager
Boy does this feel like a stupid question!

The nut on my Archer's yoke's push-to-talk switch has gone missing (it's a tiny thing!). So, when I go to push to talk, I'm just pushing the switch into the yoke.

Is this a standard nut that I can find easily without bugging my mechanic (who isn't around this weekend)?

Thanks!

Radio shak, you'll probably have to by the switch to get the nut.

Attachments

• 20131012_152542.jpg
    20131012_152542.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Did you try a magnet in the carpet under the yoke?

Boy does this feel like a stupid question!

The nut on my Archer's yoke's push-to-talk switch has gone missing (it's a tiny thing!). So, when I go to push to talk, I'm just pushing the switch into the yoke.

Is this a standard nut that I can find easily without bugging my mechanic (who isn't around this weekend)?

Thanks!

Hard to say without any sort of evidence. You might try a hobby shop that caters to RC airplane builders. They have a wide variety of tiny hardware, including #2 and #4 screws, nuts, and hardware. They even sell nylock-style nuts.

Ron Wanttaja

I would suggest Ace Hardware or any hardware store for that matter. Ask a shop on the field. A small nut should not be hard to find.

Find someplace local that installs avionics - you'll get it free. And if you don't NEVER go there for work.

They all only require 3 different size nuts.

Yeah. Small, smaller, and smallest.

Depending on which one you lost it could be as big as a 4-40,a 2-56, or as small as an 0-80. As somebody said, your best bet is a model airplane or other small scale hobby shop.

Aren't we talking about the nut that holds the switch into the yoke? they are usually 3/8" or 1/4" most larger switches are 1/2"

I've been going here for electrical bits.

http://www.alliedelec.com

I just don't like Radioshack. IMO, there you pay standard rates for substandard electrical componenents, even by commercial standards.

Aren't we talking about the nut that holds the switch into the yoke? they are usually 3/8" or 1/4" most larger switches are 1/2"

I was waiting for a comment about the nut pushing the button...

From the title of this thread, I thought you were looking to find a co-pilot.

Back