Looking for a nice, relaxing Spring Break?

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
FYI: Mary and I restrict our service to 25 years of age (and older) during Spring Break -- March 9th through the 19th. This ensures a relaxing spring break for our valued guests.

If you're looking for a nice, relaxing place to stay, with 24 miles of white sand beach and dozens of bars and restaurants within walking distance -- you've just found your vacation spot. We have two courtesy cars for your convenience.

And, of course, each room is a different era of aviation history! :D

Hi Jay,

32 years ago, I was flying around Texas to build up time for my instrument rating when I stumbled upon Mustang Island.

I liked it so much, I stayed a whole week!

I was able to walk from the airport to Captain Jack's (?) on the beach and I think I paid 15 bucks a night for a room.

I met a group of spring breakers down from CWC who were camping on the beach and I ended up hanging with them the whole time. It was a blast taking them on rides in the brand new PA-161 I had rented.

I'm guessing the island has changed a little since then..:)

Damn. Guess I'm out.

Bad policy, Jay. I started flying at 23, and know a lot of pilots that started at 18 or younger, and they're not the typical sub 25 year old.

Perhaps amending the policy to 25 and older, or a current pilot?

Bad policy, Jay. I started flying at 23, and know a lot of pilots that started at 18 or younger, and they're not the typical sub 25 year old.

Perhaps amending the policy to 25 and older, or a current pilot?

Okay -- I just changed the policy. If you're a pilot, there is NO age limit! :)

Hi Jay,

32 years ago, I was flying around Texas to build up time for my instrument rating when I stumbled upon Mustang Island.

I liked it so much, I stayed a whole week!

I was able to walk from the airport to Captain Jack's (?) on the beach and I think I paid 15 bucks a night for a room.

I met a group of spring breakers down from CWC who were camping on the beach and I ended up hanging with them the whole time. It was a blast taking them on rides in the brand new PA-161 I had rented.

I'm guessing the island has changed a little since then..:)

Actually, plenty of people still just camp on the beach all week. It's a lot of fun!

FYI: Mary and I restrict our service to 25 years of age (and older) during Spring Break -- March 9th through the 19th. This ensures a relaxing spring break for our valued guests.

If you're looking for a nice, relaxing place to stay, with 24 miles of white sand beach and dozens of bars and restaurants within walking distance -- you've just found your vacation spot. We have two courtesy cars for your convenience.

And, of course, each room is a different era of aviation history! :D

Good policy. How do you police it when people make reservations through Expedia and other such places?

I think I'll go north instead. salmon are running :)

Back