Looking for a little help.

rmciottijr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rmciottijr
This weekend I flew up to Maine to see my daughter and my wife (she was at a reunion). Well I had a great flight talking to ATC like I knew what I was doing, made me feel good. I was going to head out in the morning but the fog didn’t clear out until early noon. So by the time I departed I had an 18 or so knot head wind making me land early. I landed a Jaffrey grabbed some fuel for the plane and Ice Cream for me (note to self don’t get a large cone again). When I got back to Jaffrey I called Flight Service they told me to stay east of Manchester to avoid weather. About 45 min later I was cleared to land runway 11. Taxied to Northeast air and called for a cab (turned out to be a limo) and headed to the hotel. The people at Northeast Air were great they took care of all my needs. Well Sunday came around sky was clear, I took a look at the computer and any way I look at it I was going to hit IMC on the way home. Southern NH, VT and Northern MA were reporting 600-1400 ceilings until 9 or so then it was reporting marginal VFR at home. So once again the FBO helped me out and got me a car.

Now for the help, I am not sure if this is going to work because weather doesn’t look good on Friday. I am flying to PR from Philly on Tuesday and I made my return flight form PR to Boston. Then I plan on renting a car and driving 2 hr up to Portland to get my plane. I was wondering if anyone was interested in flying me from Boston (or a local airport) to Portland.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Bob

isnt that pretty much Matt's route on the 1900?

That's just about it. We go from BOS to either Augusta, Rockland, Bar Harbor, or Albany though...all an hour + drive time from Portland. We do fly directly over Portland on the way...you're more than welcome to come ride with us, Bob, but I think Augusta is the closest Colgan goes to Portland...there is quite a bit of commercial service into Portland, I just don't have any idea who.
If you have a parachute, I can just warn you when we're coming up on Portland...

ooo the pressurization wouldnt like that at all...

maybe arrange Harley (Lawreston) to pick you up and deliver to Portland. i smell another PoA relay in the making :)

Too bad I wasn't in Vermont, Sounds like an awesome ride this time of year. Next October i'll be done class and flying again.

Dude that was one longass drive on sunday from Maine back to Havertown. We were up in Orange County NY on Sunday and the Scud came in real fast. Shame you couldn't get out because if you did you could have gone over all the clagg, BTW KLOM was pretty clear all day sunday.
I could fly you up to portland but from down here if you came home. From KBOS try the train or drive up. Its too early to tell Wx for the weekend. Worse comes to worse buy your partner a commercial tix since he has his IR. Now go get yours damit.:yes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycondon
ooo the pressurization wouldnt like that at all...

Not to mention that the door is just in front of the left veg-o-matic. :eek:

Cargo door, guys...all he has to worry about is the strakes and the stabilons, but those would be easy enough to avoid. And we're usually at or below 9k when we pass Portland, so we can legally depress the cabin...we just have to avoid the desire to do it with the cabin dump valve. Other than that, it should work just fine!

Portland approach this is USAir XXX Jumpers away in 5 minutes lol

Back