Looking for a hangar near Austin, TX, any leads?

N2124v

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
N2124V
Ok, I'm looking to end ten years of being without a plane, but need to find a home for it that is reasonable. I'll end up with either a Mooney or a 182 (late sixties, early seventies). Any leads? Thanks!

Thanks David, I'll check them out. Really hoping to be closer, that's about 45 minutes from the house, but maybe a good place to start.

For a few more months or possibly more there are hangars available at Kitty Hill.

Ryan

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Austin Exec only has ramp space IIRC. Been some burglary issues at Smithville lately.

I could be wrong, but I know there is a lot of construction going on a Exec, and it looks like they're building hangers of some sort.

I could be wrong, but I know there is a lot of construction going on a Exec, and it looks like they're building hangers of some sort.

I haven't been out there in a few months but there was a distinct lack of hangar space - hopefully they are building some more.

I talked to Austic Exec awhile ago and hangar space was very expensive.

For a few more months or possibly more there are hangars available at Kitty Hill.

Ryan

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last I heard Kitty Hill was closing June 30th. Be nice if that changes..

I've heard rumors of an airport that has/will soon have hanger space in Liberty Hill. Haven't had a chance to try and track it down yet.

-Dan

Austin Exec would be great for me with where I live. I just don't see flying a whole lot if I have to drive about an hour to get to the plane.

Austin Exec would be great for me with where I live. I just don't see flying a whole lot if I have to drive about an hour to get to the plane.

+1. I wouldn't own an airplane if I had to drive more than 20 minutes to get to it. That's just a non-starter.

Check Georgetown, too. Would take persistence, but hangars pop up from time to time.

Ryan

Check Georgetown, too. Would take persistence, but hangars pop up from time to time.

Ryan

Good luck with that. It is a 3-5 year wait, unless you cheat the system and sublet from someone else. And they have been very aggressively throwing people out of hangers lately for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well made some calls today. Through Signature Flight Support at Bergstrom they have a waiting list for T hangars, but it is not that long, plus ties downs are available. Austin Executive has a waiting list going, but they are building T hangars and hail sheds right now. Plus both have tie downs....

Good luck with that. It is a 3-5 year wait, unless you cheat the system and sublet from someone else. And they have been very aggressively throwing people out of hangers lately for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
There are some community / group hangars there. I just missed a spot in one about two months ago.

Ryan

Taylor has 50 hangars and a 52 person waiting list.....

What is the general price range for a T-Hangar at Signature? Also curious about the cost of a tie down.

What is the general price range for a T-Hangar at Signature? Also curious about the cost of a tie down.

Signature is trying to raise rates by 10%, but the city is saying maybe they can't do that.

In the meantime the t-hangers run about $500/month.

Executive just opened another big common use hanger, they charge by the footprint of your airplane.

Just got info on Austin Executive. Waiting list for t-hangars and they run $499/mo. The community hangars are a minimum of $600/mo. and that includes tow service.

Just got info on Austin Executive. Waiting list for t-hangars and they run $499/mo. The community hangars are a minimum of $600/mo. and that includes tow service.

Man! I guess I shouldnt complain about 215$.

I wondered if it was not possible to build your own hangar and own it. I did that about 25-years ago, and if I 'spread' the cost of the hangar over 30-years, add property taxes, and hangar electricity it costs me about $85/month for my private hangar. I don't add the 'lost opportunity' cost but even at my small airport group hangar space costs about $220/month..and that's a bargain compared to larger airports. FWIW

Back