Looking for a Flight Instructor

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
I'm ready to get back into the cockpit after laying off with a broken leg for awhile. Trying to find the AOPA database of instructors and cannot find it. Looking for someone to just fly a few hours and make sure I'm OK to go out alone again. Don't want to sign up with a school. (HPN - White Plains, NY)

jason herman flies out there i htink, HPNPilot1200. He knows some CFI's.

If nothing happens before you get to the LEFT ooast, let me know. Well take care of it.

JOe

Thanks.

Good for you, Richard. Envy ya.

Thanks, JOe. Hopefully I'll get over it long before then. Otherwise, it's going to be a long trip to the left coast, pushing on a wingspar.

Panorama is out of the question. At least for now. They require a birth certificate or passport. I don't have the bc and the passport is somewhere in renewal he11. I don't know whether independents can/will fly with me without these documents. The plane is in NY.

Probably it's mostly a confidence and memory issue as I'm back in the gym exercising my legs gingerly. It's been 6 weeks since I've flown and it was very infrequent during the winter.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Good for you, Richard. Envy ya.

Thanks, JOe. Hopefully I'll get over it long before then. Otherwise, it's going to be a long trip to the left coast, pushing on a wingspar.

Panorama is out of the question. At least for now. They require a birth certificate or passport. I don't have the bc and the passport is somewhere in renewal he11. I don't know whether independents can/will fly with me without these documents. The plane is in NY.

Probably it's mostly a confidence and memory issue as I'm back in the gym exercising my legs gingerly. It's been 6 weeks since I've flown and it was very infrequent during the winter.
Another example of how the government is trying to make us "safer". In this case, by making it difficult to get recurrent training!

The only training for which proof of citizenship is required is for Private, Instrument, Multi, or something over 12,500 lb MGW. Flight reviews, IPC's, and refresher training in under-12,500 aircraft (exactly what you want) are explicitly exempted by TSA. If Panorama is requiring a bc or pp for that sort of training, they are out of line and should be reported to TSA.

Give Roy Smith a call. He is an instructor for the Westchester Flying Club based at Panorama, but it is not Panorama. He may be able to help or steer you in the right direction.

Smith, Roy (718) 885-3246 (914) 580-3427 (917) 574-6950 roy@panix.com

Well, I have an appointment for Saturday morning with a CFI who also happens to be the DE who failed Hubby for his IFR ticket the first time he tried.

Back