Looking for a CFI in Los Angeles!

BrandonPaith

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BrandonPaith
Hello all! I used to live in Kansas City, MO and had an excellent CFI. I only got about 8 hours in, before we moved to Los Angeles. After taking a hiatus to get moved, settled, etc, I need to find a new CFI out here to continue my training! Does anyone have any recommendations?!

Honestly not sure which airports are closest.....I am very new to the area. I live in Woodland Hills if that helps!

You have VNY, WHP, SMO and BUR all within about 15 miles and CMA about 30 miles up 101...sorry, you are So Cal...up THE 101.

Don't have any first hand knowledge but all have training options. Hopefully the locals can provide some referrals.

Last edited:
I also live in Woodland Hills. I trained out of Whiteman KWHP and Vista Air. They have a fleet of c-172s and a few instructors. They are the least expensive flight school in the area. It's a great learning environment with busy airspace and plenty of interesting terrain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goto www.OnlineGroundSchool.com and click the "Find a CFI" link at the top right. (You have to be registered, but it's free and takes about 30 seconds.) You'll get a list of CFIs in California, sorted by city, with their contact information.

Honestly not sure which airports are closest.....I am very new to the area. I live in Woodland Hills if that helps!

KVNY and KWHP are your closest. I fly and rent from Vista at Whiteman using their G1000 C172..Great place, I've known the owner for years..I cant speak the strength of the instructors though. I met a couple and was not impressed, but they no longer instruct there.

For my money you cannot beat
http://www.californiaflightschool.com/ at Van Nuys, smaller school, Head instructor is the owner, and the 2 others I flew with are fantastic.
Not the cheapest, newer very well maintained aircraft and by far the best organized and most professional I found, and I interviewed 5 or 6 schools in the area before I went with these guys.
Who ever you go with, go interview them like you're hiring them for a job.

Back