Looking for a Cessna 172

Good luck with that, they're pretty tuff to come by. I think there are only 40 or 50 listed on controller :rofl:

Last edited:
Dude, it's a 172, just go to the local field, betcha there is one with a 430 for sale, most produced aircraft of all time.

Dude, it's a 172, just go to the local field, betcha there is one with a 430 for sale, most produced aircraft of all time.

Uh huh, finding a good one of that vintage for a reasonable price with a 430W isn't that simple.

If you find one with a 430 it's probably been well cared for.shouldnt be to hard to find a good one depending how far you want to travel.for a high end 172 check van bottles web site.

I'll be winning one thru a raffle shortly ;)

I hope you do win it. However finding a nice 1976 or newer with good avionics including gps and in clean condition is not as easy as you would imagine. I would appreciate any leads.

You know, one of the biggest problems with buying a plane is that you can look at an ad and think it's a crap plane. You can look at another ad and think it's a great plane. In both cases the opposite can be true.

Good pictures can make a hunk of junk look like a hot rod. Bad pictures can make a beautiful plane look like a piece of chit.

Scope out your specs, build a spreadsheet of all of the planes that meet your specs, then look at each one individually to see the pros and cons. Usually the one that doesn't stand out is a diamond in the rough.

Good luck to you. 172's generally fall into two categories.

Nice and worn out.

Any reason why a specifically a 172? You'll pay the "plane I trained in" premium and there are dozens of other models that will give you more bang for your buck. Not knocking the 172, I have a couple hundred hours in them, but just posing the question.

EDIT: Just realized that's what is in my avatar picture! lol..

I hope you do win it. However finding a nice 1976 or newer with good avionics including gps and in clean condition is not as easy as you would imagine. I would appreciate any leads.
Sounds like you're describing mine, except mine isn't for sale :)

I'm getting mine ready for sale sometime. I'm also trying to find the time to get the annual done too.

We are the 2nd owner, NDH, complete logs, ( We bought Sept. 2006 ) always hangared since new

1977 172N N733BE, 2825 hrs total aprox.
O320-H2AD 850 hrs SMOH aprox.

Original paint and interior in great condition

Garmin 650 GPS
Garmin 340 audio
MX 300 nav com
Cessna 300 transponder
Cessna 300 autopilot
Airbag seat belts

Located at Keene NH. I guess I'm dragging my feet about this but it needs to be flown a lot more. I need to get pictures taken sometime.

Back