LOOKING FOR A CERTAIN AVIATION POEM

C

clrob

(pardon my typos) I am brand new to this site and stumbled on it when I Googled "find aviation poem". Several (20+) years ago I was reading an aviation magazine (?) and there was a poem in it that I really liked. I clipped the poem out and have since hidden it from myself. I have Googled the parts of the poem that I remember with NO LUCK. I actually called the publisher of several aviation magazines, i.e. Private Pilot, APOA, etc. Still NO LUCK. I am requesting that anyone who might have some way of locating the poem please contact me through this forum. I remember the title: Me and My J3. I also remember a line from it, "Perfection escaped me today, but not by much". Anyone who can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Charlie

An excellent resource for searching for information about poems is Columbia Granger’s Index to Poetry. This is a subscription database and you would need to pay to use it. But it is one that many public and academic libraries subscribe to. You could ask them to help. I have access to it, if you post some more info I could try and search for you. The Columbia Granger’s Index to Poetry is great because you can not only search by author, type, title, year, etc. you can search by partial content. That is to say if you remember a line from the poem the search engine can key on that.

Scott,
What I put in the post is the only "quote" I can remember.
I have owned 4 cubs and the poem really hit home. I am still feeling my way around this forum/site.
Thanks for the response.
Charlie

Scott,
What I put in the post is the only "quote" I can remember.
I have owned 4 cubs and the poem really hit home. I am still feeling my way around this forum/site.
Thanks for the response.
Charlie
I am coming up with nothing with that stuff. If you got some more I can try with that, but this may not even be a poem that appeared in anything but the aviation magazine and would only be known to that publisher.

I bet your best chance is circulating that among members of a type club...

I will be going through copious (all the) books in my library which is where I usually hide clippings, UGH!! CR

Charlie, Welcome to POA Hope you stay a while. May I suggest you get intouch with the folks who run "Sentimental Journey". Sentimental Journey is a Piper Cub Flyin ( acutally they have many vintage pipers) Its held in Lockhaven PA the home of the orginal Piper Factory every spring or summer. Its huge. Here is their web info:

http://www.sentimentaljourneyfly-in.com/

I'm not help but if you do find it, and can, please share it. I for one would love to read it.

Back