Looking for a "B" model..

I have a guy coming to look at my 140 tomorrow. He just looked at this 170. Said it looks good in pictures but not so good in person.

I have a guy coming to look at my 140 tomorrow. He just looked at this 170. Said it looks good in pictures but not so good in person.
Pictures are very kind to old aircraft.

Pictures are very kind to old aircraft.

The funny thing is most the time junk looks beautiful in pictures. When you have something really nice usually it looks like junk in pictures. The engine compartment on my 140 is really nice and neat. I tried to take pictures and it just looked ugly in pics. That ****ed me off :(

The funny thing is most the time junk looks beautiful in pictures. When you have something really nice usually it looks like junk in pictures. The engine compartment on my 140 is really nice and neat. I tried to take pictures and it just looked ugly in pics. That ****ed me off :(
A good 170-B is getting hard to find, at below $45,000. There would have to be some vary bad things wrong with that B to not be worth 45K

I had my 170B for sale for a while, I had the C180 bug, my 170B is a very nice, but not prefect airplane,I threw a guy out of my hangar he was such a nit picker, and complainer, he did not like the color, he did not like this and that, all just excuses as to why he did not want that airplane or was going to beat me up on the price, my bird has damage history back the late 50's most old airplanes have some thing that was fixed, break it they fixed it back then ,not like today the insurance company scraps it. I hate selling anything anymore.

So many people that called me ,want a 170B that is an Oshkosh award winner at a give away price, and there are few of those to be had unless you have a big wallet, they look at the cosmetics first and expect perfect, that is an easy fix, the one that is for sale actually looks decent unless it was painted with a roller and yes pictures can be deceptive, but when I saw this I said not bad, and if i was in the market I would look at it, ones that are decent are hide to find, the price is not over the top.
The only question I have why a Bottom OH at fairly low hours?

The panel layout is livable for vfr but kinda funky really, seats look ok, BAS harnesses are a must,big plus there, that saves you $1,500

Like someone else said, unless there is something really wrong like missing logs or corrosion, this maybe a good one to consider.

Back