Looking for a 172

jrdodge

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
J. Dodge
Does anyone know of a 172 for sale? I am looking for one with extended range tanks. Thanks for your help

jrdodge said:
Does anyone know of a 172 for sale? I am looking for one with extended range tanks. Thanks for your help
My friend Fred Barrett is selling his 2000 (MIllenium Edition) Skyhawk SP. If you're interested PM me.

If you don´t mind coming to find it on Europe, I have one with LONG RANGE tanks (11 hours), 210 HP, C/S prop, remanufactured engine and new prop 30 hours ago... It´s far, FAR away, but maybe this is what you are looking for.

Send me a private, or write right here or whatever if you feel like getting some more details.

VolandoVoy said:
If you don´t mind coming to find it on Europe, I have one with LONG RANGE tanks (11 hours), 210 HP, C/S prop, remanufactured engine and new prop 30 hours ago... It´s far, FAR away, but maybe this is what you are looking for.

Send me a private, or write right here or whatever if you feel like getting some more details.

wow - thats a hell of a Skyhawk. I wonder if it could make it across the ocean to come back to the US.....

SkyHog said:
wow - thats a hell of a Skyhawk. I wonder if it could make it across the ocean to come back to the US.....

Yep, but not in one hop.

Re: Flying the Atlantic in "light" aircraft

http://www.faa.gov/atpubs/NAO/NAOTOC.htm

I have video of Bill Cox doing it in a Piper Malibu and Phil Boyer doing it in a C340.

Ed Carlson conducts seminars on flying the Atlantic if you're considering it.

http://flythepond.com/

He'll be at the Sporty's Fly-in this year in May.

SkyHog said:

Yep, it´s possible in two hops. One and you are on the Azores, and the second to put it on the Florida orange fields. I´ve seen it the other way, so I guess...

That 172P seems cheap, no, it IS cheap, but then, it has a 1420 SMOH engine and a 17.000!!! TTAF. I´m not sure if I´d use that 52 gallons anytime on that high numbers plane, but it kind of depends on the buyer´s needs and wishes.

BTW, mine has 65 USABLE (in any flight condition) gallons hee hee. Yep, 6 gallons/hour flying 95KIAS, then you have some extra gallons if you need to go beyond that, the only problem is that you can´t bank the plane ;-P. In fact, IT IS A HELL OF A 172!!!

Nope, not me but Reims Aviation.

They started making Cessna´s under license in France: 152, 172, 182, 337... As the European terrain is more mountainous than the American, they decided a Continental IO-360 would work much better around the Alps, Sierra Nevada (the Spanish one), etc. Added a BIG C/S Mc Cauley prop and yes, they made a great mountain plane!! Then Cessna came with the XP, using the same engine, but derating it to 195HP. Not exactly the same airplane (my parking neighbour owns one of them, a XP, and I can tell that my performances in TO, C/R or flying high around the mountains, at 13000 ft, are better), but something similar. Once you compare both directly you can tell. The sound itself is different... but, again, for you to make a picture of what it is, imagine a XP not limited in power.

That´s a "Reims Rocket". Ah! There was a 172 model like this in the States, the T-41 used by the Air Force. If you have the chance to ask some ex-AF pilot about them, he´d tell you first hand what it is and how it feels. I guess these French didn´t have the original idea, only copied the best of yours ;-P

(Insert here the same message I just posted... Computers hate me)

It could also be a Reims Rocket. It a Cessna 172 made under contract in france by Reims as a FR172H. It came out with a 210hp engine.

Also, the T-41C (Mescalero), military version of the C172, was supplied to the AF with 210hp.

steve66 said:
Curious. A 210HP 172? How did you make that happen?

Yep, you both are right, of course.

There are some more models of the Reims Rocket, mine in fact, is the FR172J :cool:

This just came up on the CPA board.

From my Dads Estate
1969 172 Skyhawk
Low time Airframe
25 hours TT on new Penn Yann 180 HP conversion
25 hours TT new prop
Damage History
Need to sell now!

Email if you have questions

--------------------
Larry
Popeye@Saircorp.com