Looking for 3 or 4 person partnership

jimsyg

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
I am interested in a plane partnership in the Olympia, WA area. I would be interested in a C182 or C172-180 aircraft. I have 1000 hours of flying, mostly in 182's. I have Commercial, Instrument, SEL & SES ratings. I was involved in a 3 person partnership in the '70s and '80s with a 182 that was a great partnership. I was out of flying for several years and I am back flying. The C172-180 that is advertised by "Pilawt" in the classifieds on this site would be a good example of what would interest me. If you have any interest at all I am very interested in a meeting to hear and discuss your ideas.

Jim

I am interested in a plane partnership in the Olympia, WA area. I would be interested in a C182 or C172-180 aircraft. I have 1000 hours of flying, mostly in 182's. I have Commercial, Instrument, SEL & SES ratings. I was involved in a 3 person partnership in the '70s and '80s with a 182 that was a great partnership. I was out of flying for several years and I am back flying. The C172-180 that is advertised by "Pilawt" in the classifieds on this site would be a good example of what would interest me. If you have any interest at all I am very interested in a meeting to hear and discuss your ideas.

Jim

Keep in mind that each partner beyond two saves less and increases the chances of conflicts greatly.

With a partnership of two you've cut the fixed costs in half relative to single ownership. This can also bring the hours flown per year to the "ideal" of 100-200 hrs. Adding a third partner only reduces each of the original two by an additional 17% of the total but this also at least doubles the potential for scheduling and/or personality conflicts. On the plus side, for the same initial outlay and annual cost a group of three can afford 50% more airplane than an equally solvent group of two. Finally when you go from three to four partners in the same airplane you only decrease one partner's portion of fixed costs by 8% of the total and the chances for conflicts at least doubles again.

Back