Wanted: Aircraft Looking for 172M or above

Discussion in 'Aircraft, Clubs, and Partnerships - Buy & Sell' started by comancheflyer30, Oct 27, 2019.

1. comancheflyer30

comancheflyer30 Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Dsc45shooter
    Sold my Skyhawk and regret it. Looking for another. Message me if you know of any for sale not posted on Barnstormers, Trade a plane, or Controller. Thanks

Shuswap BC likes this.
  2. Shuswap BC

Shuswap BC Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    Shuswap BC
    I sold my 172 about 26 years ago, and have since owned several different planes, but missed the 172 all this time. With new life changes, as I shop for another plane, it seems that I maybe will be buying another 172, considering a brand new 2020 model, it would be nice to just once buy a brand new plane, and likely my last plane. The new ones are just so darn nice compared to the 1960s and 70s models I flew previously.
    Whatever you end up buying, welcome to the world of the slow, and relaxing Cessna 172.

3. pigpenracing

pigpenracing Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    pigpen
    We sold our 172 this year because they are bringing top dollar! We also missed it. We bought a really nice 1960 Cessna 175 for less than half the money the 172 sold for. We really like the 175!
    It is still simple with a fixed prop and performs better than the 172 did. It is faster, climbs better and will carry more weight. You have to run the GO-300 at 3000-3200 rpm and it is smoooth and will last.
    3200rpm engine speed = 2400 prop speed....

4. Terry M - 3CK (Chicago)

Terry M - 3CK (Chicago) Pre-takeoff checklist PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Terry
    172s seem to be going for a huge premium right now. Might want to hold off a bit.

I like the 175 suggestion.

5. ktup-flyer

ktup-flyer En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    ktup-flyer
    budget?

6. Sierra_Hotel

Sierra_Hotel Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tristan
    Been looking at the M and up market as well. Pricing is getting interesting to say the least.