kath

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Technical Administrator
Display Name

Display name:
Katherine
Hey folks,

This is just "brainstorming" but... I'm planning on flying to the lower 48 on June 9 or so for a family thing in eastern Kansas. Later in the month, I have to be in State College PA on June 20. Rather than endure the ordeal of going up and back from Anchorage, I am considering just making one "open-jaw" flight to the lower 48, and finding some way of getting myself one-way from Kansas to UNV. About halfway in between, I have college friends in Lexington KY whom I haven't seen in ages. It's the perfect job for GA!

So here's the question... would anyone be able to give me a lift for part of the trip? The parameters are:
Starting point: Council Grove, KS (has a grass strip, also nearby are MHK, HRU, and EMP) leaving sometime during the week of June 12-June 19.
Via: LEX (I think that's the identifier?) anytime during that week.
Final destination: UNV on or before June 20th.

This is the week right after Gaston's. If I do this trip, I *might* be able to make it to Gaston's too. But again this is all speculation at this point. I know it's during the week and people have jobs 'n' stuff...

--Kath

OK, Mike Schneider, you did such a wonderful job at arranging Hennings trip home. I here by nominate you to "do it again". Kath, I am in southern nj with no plane so i cannot help. if i could, i would!! Speaking of Henning...any one know what has become of im?
I remember he was having computer problems, but surely he has resolved that by now.

kath said:
Starting point: Council Grove, KS (has a grass strip, also nearby are MHK, HRU, and EMP) leaving sometime during the week of June 12-June 19.
Via: LEX (I think that's the identifier?) anytime during that week.
Final destination: UNV on or before June 20th.

This is the week right after Gaston's. If I do this trip, I *might* be able to make it to Gaston's too.

Kath,

If you can swing it, I'll volunteer to pick you up in KS and take you to Gaston's. If nobody's going towards LEX from Gaston's, I'll at least make the first half of the flight. Maybe even the whole thing if you're really really nice. :D It would be good to see you again.

Hmmm... Depart 3M0, BPK for fuel, SIK for food at Lambert's Cafe and maybe some more of their cheap self-serve fuel, LEX, BMG for more cheap fuel, MSN. Sounds like a good day of flying to me! :yes: Of course, if someone wants to volunteer for part of that leg, that would be good too - 433 vs. 767 nm trip and all.

Interestingly enough, I've been to LEX twice before, and I hope to make it to UNV later in the summer (July 4th or so, maybe) to visit my grandparents. If it weren't for that damn pesky day job, I'd do the whole trip.

Make to Gaston's and I can fly you to Baton Rouge...

not that you really want to fly to Baton Rouge...

:)

Back