Look what my FBO got

AdamZ said:
Dagnamit! Its a highwing. I may just have to get checked out in it now Sigh a 172SP w/ G1000 for $115.00 perhour wet.

http://www.wingsfield.com/
Well that's a bit more reasonable. My FBO recently acquired a 2000 172SP and wants $120 wet. Of course there is no glass cockpit and only a single axis autopilot.

They also have a Beechcraft Sierra for $100 wet, a complex airplane. Which one do you think I'd rent.

wow...115 wet? That sure is nice.

We're lookin at $148/wet for an 03' 172SP nondues member. Its a good thing its on the tach hour!!! Those are nice for takin geusts up and all...but for all those "build me some time" hours...ill stick with the oldies.

our FBO had some new DA140's I was lookin to get checked out in, I left for the summer and BAM....they're gone. :dunno:

jangell said:
Well that's a bit more reasonable. My FBO recently acquired a 2000 172SP and wants $120 wet. Of course there is no glass cockpit and only a single axis autopilot.

They also have a Beechcraft Sierra for $100 wet, a complex airplane. Which one do you think I'd rent.
And that somewhat describes the thoughts of most renters I've run into. The flying club I belong to got a 172SP w/ G-1000 ($115 wet) a couple months ago and everyone said they'll book it for an hour or two but then go back to the regular fleet at lower prices. Pilots I've talked with all agree a G-1000 is a novelty item and not a good match for the rental fleet.

But don't let that dissuade you from getting checked out in this plane.

If that G1000 172SP comes with weather, that makes a difference. I rent two 172SPs at 99 per hour wet, an older archer at 87, and a Cutlass with a brand spankin' new Garmin 430 for 105 wet.

But, I have already told Aerotech that I will pay a bit more to rent a G1000 'hawk IF it comes with XM weather. For my IMC excursions, I'll take that if I can get it.

Just my 2 pennies...

Jim G

jangell said:

Whichever one allows you to add even more to your already voluminous signature??:rolleyes:

Back