spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
What is the best airport for access?

spiderweb said:
What is the best airport for access?
The closest is New Garden (N57). I don't know if you can get a car there.

The other choices are Wilmington (ILG) and my home field Brandywine (N99). Rentals are available at N99 with Enterprise.

Longwood Gardens? My parents used to drag me there when I was a kid. Ugh. I still bear the psychological scars of absolute boredom.

BTW. New Garden, N57 is THE airport for Longwood Gardens. I used to be based there.

Ben,

N57 New Garden

New Garden Aviation 610-268-2048

Hertz located in Kennet Square 610-925-3425

Enterprise located in Kennet Square 610-444-9454

Longwood Gardens
Prices: Admission for adults Jan-Mar $12 ($8 on Tues), April-Nov $14, ($10 on Tues),

Last edited:
GMascelli said:
Ben,

N57 New Garden

New Garden Aviation 610-268-2048

Hertz located in Kennet Square 610-925-3425

Enterprise located in Kennet Square 610-444-9454

Longwood Gardens
Prices: Admission for adults Jan-Mar $12 ($8 on Tues), April-Nov $14, ($10 on Tues),
What Gary said. Keep your eyes peeled when going into New Garden. It can be a very active airport and not all that fly there use radios.

Anthony said:
Longwood Gardens? My parents used to drag me there when I was a kid. Ugh. I still bear the psychological scars of absolute boredom.

BTW. New Garden, N57 is THE airport for Longwood Gardens. I used to be based there.
Same here... We used to go there when it was free. Lived 1.5 miles away and went to Longwood Elementary School about .5 miles away. Ever go to the fountain show?

My mother has not stopped bitching about now being charged for admission to Longwood.

GMascelli said:
The Christmas light show.......:rolleyes:
Never saw that, but then I moved away from that area in 1973, only to return for my required parental visits.

Would it just make more sense to get a taxicab? Whom do you suggest I call?

spiderweb said:
Would it just make more sense to get a taxicab? Whom do you suggest I call?
My airport directory doesn't list any cab service for New Garden. If you have to get a cab from Rainbow in West Chester, you might as well walk, it'll be so slow...

Back