Longshot Question: Any ideas for a Jepp usdate on old handheld?

Troska

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I have in my grubby paws an old Lowrance Airmap 100. It works great - however, the database is from the early late 1990's. I have all the connector cables (however, no computer with a serial port anymore).

I would love to pay to get a Jepp update from anytime even sorta recent into the thing, BUT, Jepp doesn't support it anymore, and even if they did I don't have a serial port on my computer.

I know this is a longshot - but does anyone have any ideas for getting a more recent database onto the thing?

I know, I know, just buy something newer and better. I will - someday, but the available funds are being poured elsewhere right now.

Any thoughts?

Tim

The best I can do is a database from the late early '90s. :ihih:

Sorry I can't help - the concept of planned obsolescence is aggravating when it comes to expensive avionics. To update an Avidyne Entegra, one needs a usb stick. However, it won't recognize anything larger than a 1gb drive. Any idea how hard it is ALREADY to find small thumb drives??

dunno if it's pertinent, but the last db upload for my old Garmin GPS90 was a few years ago and then became unsupported. The databases got too big for the gps' memory capacity. I toyed with tools to pare down the db update to just the section of the country I fly in, which wasn't terribly difficult - a "roll your own" database update, but then "life happened" and I didn't have a need for GPS for a few years.

Tim I had an airmap300 and Lowrance and Jepp stopped supporting it over 3 years ago. you might call Lowrance as they had an exchange program. Turn in your old GPS and they will give you a coupon for a new one. It was a decent deal.

Tim I had an airmap300 and Lowrance and Jepp stopped supporting it over 3 years ago. you might call Lowrance as they had an exchange program. Turn in your old GPS and they will give you a coupon for a new one. It was a decent deal.

Thanks for the ideas...

I looked at the trade-in program, seems to be a pretty good deal. I'll probably go that route, but I just wanted to stretch this airmap 100 out for one more summer.

Thanks guys.

Back