Longggggg take off

that reminds me of that antonov taking off from australia... but i havent seen this one.... holy poop that's close! i cant tell if it's an illusion or not whether the gear goes over or around the fence.... either way.... that's freakin close!

China Air has had other problems, too. Take a look at the attached file. I got this a while back from a cousin who is an FO at US Air.

Attachments

• PlaneFunatChinaAirlines.pps
    848 KB · Views: 62
Wow, that was too close for comfort... I thought it was going to be the Antonov video, too, but this one is new to me.

Was he taking off at half throttle? his acceleration seemed way off... I keep thinking.. rotate.. rotate... umm.. ROTATE.... <bleeep>

Okay crew....next time we disengage the parking brake before we taxi. Everyone good with that? Okay! :yikes:

His right gear was off the runway before he lifted off. Way too close.

I have watched that video several times. My first thought was he is hot dogging it for the camera and using up every inch to show off but... If you look close he doesn't lift off at the end of the pavement but just seems to roll off into the grass/dirt. In fact it actually looks like he settles down lower to the ground for a second or two. The wings don't even start to bend upward, which would show a positive rate of climb till he was past that fence. That he didn't miss by all to much either.. I wish I understood what the oriental people were saying in the narration. Makes ya wonder how both of the pilots up front even got their tickets. Dumb, dumb, dumb.:yesnod::yesnod:

I have watched that video several times. My first thought was he is hot dogging it for the camera and using up every inch to show off but... If you look close he doesn't lift off at the end of the pavement but just seems to roll off into the grass/dirt. In fact it actually looks like he settles down lower to the ground for a second or two. The wings don't even start to bend upward, which would show a positive rate of climb till he was past that fence. That he didn't miss by all to much either.. I wish I understood what the oriental people were saying in the narration. Makes ya wonder how both of the pilots up front even got their tickets. Dumb, dumb, dumb.:yesnod::yesnod:

Bad phrasiology on my part. He rolled off the end of the runway with his right gear. Hence the dust cloud. He used about 3 feet or so of "runway" that wasn't there.

The followup comments from the video state that they found bugs had infested the pitots and that the airspeed indicators gave false readings and would also not agree, so they returned back to the airport. With 3 pitot sources, thats a freeking big infestation. We could all chip in and send some pitot covers over to Taiwan...courtesy of POA

Back