Longest flight to date...800nm XC

FLYGUYRY

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan_M
Haven't posted in a while but thought I'd share a few pics. Decided to fly from Baltimore to Cincinnati to visit family over the weekend and knock out most of the remaining PIC hours I need for my Commercial rating. Had a really great flight, managed to get a tailwind going west and then again coming back home the next day. Burned about 11.5 GPH and was getting avg of 150 knots over the ground each way in a PA28R. Also flew over this crazy fire that happened in Parkersburg WV http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Fi...ormer-West-Virginia-tool-plant-452500403.html. Here are a few pics:IMG_20171022_103159.jpgIMG_20171021_083803.jpgIMG_20171021_094220.jpgIMG_20171021_094434.jpgIMG_20171022_120408.jpg

That’s a good distance, and exposes you to a plethora of weather along the way. Tailwinds both ways always helps. Nice photos

Thanks! Yeah it was fun flying into the airport I grew up right by and used to always watch planes fly into. Was definitely a good addition to the logbook!

Congrats, beats flying the pattern all day. What airplanes are there for. Of course, you are the first person I’ve ever heard of expending that much effort to get to Cincinnati...

I have flown Dayton to DC quite few times. I think his trip was more like 400nm one way, 800 no round trip. Still a very nice xc over the Allegheny Mountains to add a little pucker factor.

Congrats, beats flying the pattern all day. What airplanes are there for. Of course, you are the first person I’ve ever heard of expending that much effort to get to Cincinnati...

lol, hey Cincinnati isn't too bad at all, a lot better than when I lived there!

I have flown Dayton to DC quite few times. I think his trip was more like 400nm one way, 800 no round trip. Still a very nice xc over the Allegheny Mountains to add a little pucker factor.

Yeah 800 total, actually its more like 900 total now that I look at my flight log but nonetheless. There were a few spots over eastern Ohio where the pucker factor was def up a little, I'm used to having fields galore if **** hits the fan, out there I saw nothing but hills and trees, wouldn't be a fun place to have an engine failure that's for sure

The airplane doesn’t know it’s over the hills and trees.

lol, hey Cincinnati isn't too bad at all, a lot better than when I lived there!
Mark Twain used to say that if the end of the world ever came he wanted to be in Cincinnati, because its always 20 years behind the times.

Mark Twain used to say that if the end of the world ever came he wanted to be in Cincinnati, because its always 20 years behind the times.

Yep. Just the other day there was an article in the Cincy paper talking about the Johnny Bench and the Big Red Machine making a run at the Series next year.... Oh wait....that was 20+ years ago!

The airplane doesn’t know it’s over the hills and trees.
But you will when things go quiet.

My longest canard day was 11.5 hobbs from Memphis to Seattle. Lotta fun!

Back