Long Time Reader First Time Poster

"Center, Wazzzzzzzzzzup!"

"Watchin' the scopes, drinkin' a ... Coffee."

The standard traffic and anticipated approach is wonderful to know! My initial plan was VFR from over Huges Stadium (CSU's stadium) southbound on the BJC 351 Radial to keep clear of FCO skirting to the east of LMO and between BDU and EIK. If thats the highway to the danger zone :p I'll stick a bit further east.

Not to interrupt the drift...

Nate was fairly good on the traffic & approach. Just make sure you don't land on either 8 since they're really short. 11L or R will be just fine though...:wink2:

Most of the flight school traffic follows (sorta) Wadsworth Blvd north out of BJC. If you're over by I-25 then you'll avoid that. Do keep an eye out for the Erie tower since that could ruin your whole day.

If you do want to track Wadsworth inbound to BJC then just get down to pattern altitude (6,500) early and avoid descending into the folks climbing from BJC. Depending on time of day it can be busy but the tower is pretty good at getting everyone sequenced in. At BJC a two mile right base is not an instruction to enter base for a two mile final, it's to enter the base leg about two miles out from the extended runway centerline. Sorta weird if you're not used to it.

LMO has cheap(er) gas. They also have meat bombs (skydivers) so don't over-fly midfield. They'll be announcing "jumpers away" on CTAF and Approach will be warning if you're on FF.

Nate was fairly good on the traffic & approach. Just make sure you don't land on either 8 since they're really short. 11L or R will be just fine though...:wink2:

D'oh!!! This subtracting 180 stuff is hard!!! :rofl: :mad2:

Those "harness and leash" things for kids? I scoffed at them until I became a parent, and then realized that they had some real value - was better to pull on the harness than yank on Ciara's arm when she was little.

I hate catching the little ones by the arm...

50 yrs ago my mom had me on a halter and leash in Jachson Hole Wyoming - some woman too her to task over it - as to how it would give me a complex... Naturally, mother explained that it kept me from falling off of glaciers while throwing rocks into ravines and from disappearing in stores etc... and that when "she's 40 she can go to therapy and talk about what a bad mother I've been" Shut that woman right up.
I can kinda remember it - I liked it - gave me a certain radius and a safe feeling while standing on the edges of mountains and things....

Just a quick update!

I took the dogs out to the hanger this weekend. I doubled their leash back from their harnesses to a seat belt. Giving them enough room to go from the seat to the floor but not under the front seats. Thanks for the suggestions! I feel the same about harnesses and leads being required for and small loud thing.. kids included.

-Thrance

Back