long IFR XC tomorrow?

kath

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Technical Administrator
Display Name

Display name:
Katherine
(sing to the tune of "tra-la-la-boom-dee-ay")

It's long cross country time
I hope the weather's fine
The plane just wants to fly
The freezing level's high
Group meetings are a pain
Bar Harbor calls my name
Before I go insane
Let's IFR to Maine!

--Kath :)
(bored at work)

For lunch, get an airport car or actually fork up for the cab ride to the Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound and have a $8.95 boil. Yum :) Lobstah.

Hey! Good luck and enjoy the flight! And I want to hear all about it on Sunday.

Wow, you're right behind me! I just finished my long IFR X-C. You'll have a great time! After that, it is the great push to the checkride. (For me, it will be a few lessons in April, then a great push in the second half of May.)

Staying under the hood while flying the Maine coastline? Now that's just wrong!

We'll look forward to the post-flight post.

Make sure you fly the Back Course to RWY 4 at KBHB. On the go, look ahead for the cross on top of the hill on the final for RWY 22. A good reminder to stay on the GS while on an ILS, and at or above LOC mins. I don't think you're going to need a hood tomorrow. Have fun.

Well, there was barely a cloud in the sky. Grrrrr!
I took the hood off every once in a while to look around and marvel at the fact that I was wearing a hood on such a beautiful day in such a beautiful place.
We flew the LOC/DME BC rwy 4 approach. The plane had an HSI, so we could've just turned the OBS upside down and flown it normally... but I suggested we set it right side up just for fun flying the back course (never done one of those except in MSFS!)
Dealing with Bangor Approach on the ground at a non-towered field was new, too, and I'm glad I got to try that one out. Most of my training has been at BVY, LWM, ORH, and BED (all towered fields).
No time for lobster this trip, Bruce, but next time definately! LobstahLobstahLobstah!

--Kath

Back