Long CheckRide WriteUp (NE Texas sky no longer safe)

Yep, I know, but it IS a prerequisite for a CFI. That's my goal, and it seems more logical to get the IR before the Commercial.

Doc

It is. The time you log towards your IR can be counted towards the 250TT and 100 PIC needed for the Comm.

Congrats!!!

You did make DPE sound like an ass... I wouldn't be comfortable in that situation.

Now to only get mine... Can't wait. Should be ready for a checkride by the end of Jan.

Congrats!!!

You did make DPE sound like an ass... I wouldn't be comfortable in that situation.

Now to only get mine... Can't wait. Should be ready for a checkride by the end of Jan.

Thanks for the congrats. He was actually a pussycat in bears clothing. I have no trouble with his yelling. I will never be able to leave my nose too high during a forward slip again. It's rash, but is an effective teaching technique. I think someone said he had been a military flight instructor, so that explains it.

As far as his comments about the 150 sign off on my student certificate, it was only a joke from one taildragger pilot to another.

Good luck with your checkride. I would be willing to bet that it won't be near as difficult as you think.

Doc

I apologize for ressurrecting this thread, but it just didn't seem complete until the Plastic Card was noted.

It came in yesterday's mail! I didn't even peel it off the attached letter. I put the entire folded letter in my logbook case. The card is protected against getting scuffed up in my wallet.

I apologize for ressurrecting this thread, but it just didn't seem complete until the Plastic Card was noted.

It came in yesterday's mail! I didn't even peel it off the attached letter. I put the entire folded letter in my logbook case. The card is protected against getting scuffed up in my wallet.

Make sure you sign it. :)

Thanks Rotor! I didn't even realize that I needed to sign it!

No problem. I recommend using a sharp point permanent marker to sign with as some ink pen signatures wear away quickly.

Of all the certificates I look at about 30% are unsigned. I just have them sign on the spot and move on.

No problem. I recommend using a sharp point permanent marker to sign with as some ink pen signatures wear away quickly.

Of all the certificates I look at about 30% are unsigned. I just have them sign on the spot and move on.

At least the credit card companies make an effort to put something almost writable back there as a surface... the slick plastic is just retarded.

Back